11.16.2010

Blog Stats

This evening in my weary distraction I finally explored the "Stats" tab in blogger.

Yikes!  I'm slightly freaked out and disturbed at the findings.

I'm getting blog traffic from South Korea and the Netherlands? 
Why have so many people looked at my old posting about ear infections today? 
And why in the world is a porn site referring people to my blog?!? 

That last factoid has put me on HIGH alert.  Is there a way I can delete or block that somehow?!?

Soon I'll be changing the url for Horn Family Chronicles to remove Chloe's full name. 

[So, please make note! As of Friday, the new blog url is: hornfamilychronicles.blogspot.com]

Please help calm my nerves.  What cautions do you take in publishing your blog?

3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I am thinking of changing my address to because it has my whole name. I'm disturbed as well by all the traffic I get. I thought about making it private except my in-laws have tons of friends who read our blog and I hate to lose that. I get tons of hits on a post I did about my pregnancy with Owen - 4 years ago. But I think it's because people google questions about pregnancy and it brings them to that post.

Carrie said...

Wow, that is scary about the porn site linking to you. :( I had never checked the stats feature, so today I did. It doesn't look like any bad sites have linked to my blog, although there was a questionable one that I found linked to my old pregnancy blog. I didn't check it out, but the name sounded strange. I have no idea if there is a way to block stuff like that. I actually think it is cool when people from other countries stumble across my blog, though . . . I had some hits from Russia, Australia, France, etc. Interesting. I was also surprised that my blog had over 1000 visits in the past month! I figured the number was way under 1000. It would be interesting to know who all these people are, though, and how they found me!

I'll take note of your new blog addy and put it in my reader!

Reads said...

I admit I am not much of a blogger anymore. I had heard about some scary things and decided I didn't want pictures up of my kiddos on it. . . I haven't taken mine down.. Since mine was mainly for putting pictures of the kids up, I have just stopped using it. You'll find me on Facebook where I can keep be selective about who sees my pictures!