11.20.2010

5 Days Until Thanksgiving

Only 5 days left until Thanksgiving?!?  What?  I'm trying not to flip out about the upcoming packing, pie-making and gift-preparing I have to do in as we get ready to travel for the holiday weekend.

On this Saturday, I'm thankful for . . .

1. Puttering.  It's been a relaxing puttering sort of day.  We were productive in several projects and ventures around the house but all was done in a unharried sort of way. 

2. Psalms.  I've been hanging out in the Psalms a lot lately.  So much relevant truth there to cling to during these tiring and full days!

3. Music.  While working on the computer, I usually listen to music, podcasts or online sermons.  I've recently discovered or rediscovered these groups: Gungor, Shane & Shane, Jars of Clay and Andrew Peterson.  They've been keeping me company and encouraging my heart with thoughts of God.

4. Clive's singing.  While Chloe will sing loudly and often for anyone who will listen Clive is of the shier sort.    Before naps and bedtimes I've been rocking Solomon and singing to both him and Clive in preparation for their rest.  It's a sweet time.  Especially sweet when Clive starts singing along with me in his darling little voice, thinking I don't hear him in the dark. 

5. Church tomorrow.  I get to work in the nursery tomorrow for two services so I won't get to participate in the worship.  Regardless, I'm still very much looking forward to visiting with and serving alongside friends.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: