11.15.2010

11 Days Until Thanksgiving

Yikes, I almost didn't make it with my thankfulness post today!

Even though I didn't leave home until after dinner to run a few errands it felt like a busy day. A good busy day.

Had a mostly smooth day of school with Chloe and even got to enjoy some extra reading time with her since Solomon took a longer-than-usual afternoon nap.

Today, I'm thanking God for . . .

1. Motivation. Despite my downish day yesterday God graced me with motivation and joy in my work. Got through the usual chores of the day along with a few fun extras. And it felt good to be a busy bee buzzing around from task to task. Also started a new sugar-reducing diet and trying to ramp up my veggie eating today. We'll see how long that motivation lasts. Chocolate Halloween candy leftovers have been my go-to pick-me-up. I'm guessing celery and hummus won't pack quite the same punch as a sugary chocolate rush.

2. My kids' imaginations. C & C do NOT usually get along like angelic peace-making souls. But today I ended up giving them a long morning school break and after some initial bickering, they finally decided to construct a flying machine. Using Matt's old skateboard, a stroller and a host of containers from the recycling bin. Their construction didn't get far but it sure was fun watching them cooperate, make plans, and use their imaginations.

3. Gram Masala. Yup. This Indian mixture of 5 spices was a big blessing to me this evening as I scanned the Asian Market's shelves. Instead of having to buy 5 separate spices, the Indian culture thoughtfully put all the spices I needed into one handy mixture. Saving me a load of rupees! (Tonight marked my first ever attempt at Indian cooking. Nothing very exotic so don't be impressed. Here's the recipe. Turned out really well! Let's hope the kids like it at our India party tomorrow.)

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

ooooh, I love Indian food. That recipe looks very yummy!!

Cheryl said...

I am thankful for a safe return home from the islands. Despite a delay at the Miami airport had a comfy ride in 1st class. I think the best part was being able to get on plane 1st.