Three days left only?!? AH! As Clive would say, "Run for your life!"
I still have much much much to do in preparation for the festivities. But instead of worrying, I keep telling myself to just do the next thing. Not the next things plural. I just need to do one thing at a time and eventually all the most important stuff will get done.
Sounds vaguely like God's words in Matthew 6, "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own". SO true!
So instead of fretting, today I'm thankful. Thankful for . . .
1. God's reminders to be still. My brain and spirit are rushing around like crazy headless chickens as I try to maximize every workable second of my day. But God's quiet voice whispers, "Be still. Rest. Enjoy me." So glad He keeps reminding and gently leading me back to His side. What a Good Shepherd.
2. Yummy homemade hot cocoa. Made two varieties today -- Peppermint and Spicy Mayan. A delicious way to get my chocolate fix!
3. Friends. Had some friends over for dinner tonight. Though it was rowdy and loud with all our kids under the same roof, it was refreshing and homey.
4. A contented easy baby. Solomon has to be the easiest baby ever born. Tonight after the other two crazies were already in bed, Solly just rolled around gnawing on his toys and cooed joyfully.
5. My hard working husband. I know I've said it before but I'll keep on saying it. My Matt works tirelessly! I'm grateful for his commitment to his work and to our family.
What are you thankful for today?
3 comments:
That "Run for your life!" line cracks me up!
I agree with you on just trying to focus on the next thing. I try to do too many things at once & end up with many half done things or many things done that are not well done.
I'm thankful for a friend's wisdom when she gently reminded not to stress over daily things. I often get upset when all the dishes aren't done or the house isn't totally tidied every day. She simply said, "It will be there tomorrow." So when I am tempted to whirl into a frenzy with chores & to-do's instead of spending precious time with others or getting needed rest, I remind myself, it will be there tomorrow!
I wish you a very happy, safe-traveling Thanksgiving!
I'm right with you, Mary Ann! My life is FULL of 1/2 done projects. Or more like 1/4 done projects. :) A happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
I am thankful for a wonderful family doctor who is patient and has my best interest at heart. Wish all people had that treatment
Post a Comment