11.11.2010

15 Days Until Thanksgiving

What am I thankful for today?

LOADS.

1. I'm thankful my baby slept through the night again. Ahhh. 8 hours of mostly uninterrupted rest was delicious. I say mostly uninterrupted because I woke up several times out of habit and snuggled back under the warm blankets. I could get used to this!

2. I'm thankful for veterans. Thanking God for the thousands upon thousands of armed service men and women who faithfully work every day to protect my freedom.

3. I'm thankful my dear hubby gets a day off today. All because of those dear blessed veterans my Matt gets a much-needed day off from teaching. Yippee!

4. I'm thankful for some quiet. Said hubby whisked away 2 of 3 kids and has left me with a quiet baby and house.

5. I'm thankful to live in a house with a working furnace, warm beds, and food. Chloe and I visited a local homeless shelter this morning where I interviewed for a volunteer position. We got a quick tour of the facilities and I was AMAZED at the extent of the services being delivered to people in need. Local people in need. Not talking about folks in third world countries but HERE in excessive commercial abundant consumerist America.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: