4.29.2006

Recipes for May

Can you believe May is already upon us? Boy, April sure flew by. There were some yummy recipes submitted for April's issue of the recipe blog. Check out the slow cooker recipes of April:

French tip sandwiches
Slow cooker sirloin tips
"Rotisserie" Chicken
Crockpot Ribs
Tortilla Enchilada Soup
Italian Wedding Soup
Taco Soup
Easy Spaghetti Sauce
Picante chicken

Since May sneaked (yes, that is the grammatical past tense of sneak - my hubby is a English nerd, remember?) up on me, I didn't have a chance to poll the blogging community for recipe themes. So, I'm going out on a limb here and choosing May's theme myself. This month's recipe theme will be - Healthy Snacks and Appetizers.

Spring is here like gang busters and I don't know about you but I'm trying my darndest to lose some winter (and baby) weight. Spring also includes mother's day and some of you might be entertaining with some healthy appetizers. I sometimes even like to make an entire appetizer supper. I know, healthy and appetizer don't usually appear in the same sentence much less the same phrase so this might be difficult. That said, email your healthy snack/appetizer recipes to me (aliciahorn@hotmail.com) so we can start May off on the right foot! To get the ball rolling, I've added a few recipes of my own for May. Check out these yummy and healthful treats:

Strawberry banana smoothie
Apple berry salsa with cinnamon chips

3 comments:

carissa said...

Will do you healthy woman!! I'd love to start the summer right :) I went on the Spcl K diet and lost 8 lbs. It really works...but I'll send in more than just "special k" recipes :) Have a great monday rejoicing in Jesus!

Unknown said...

Wow, 8 lbs.!!?@! THat's tremendous girl! What is this special k diet? Sounds interesting. Thanks for the commendation to rejoice . . . I don't feel like rejoicing today but may God give me a spirit of joy to see His goodness in today. :)

Jenny said...

Speaking on "sneaked"...

I had an English teacher in high school who would say, "The only thing you snuck is snot!"

She was quite the character, but the things she said never fail to return to my brain at the most unexpected moments!