5.01.2006

Swinging around















I was having a blah morning today (due largely to Chloe's 4 a.m. waking) so I thought we'd escape my megrims (cool word, eh?) and have a long, long walk. There's nothing like sunshine and exercise to cheer me up! After her morning nap, Chloe and I hit the sidewalks of Cuyahoga Falls toting a picnic lunch and ready for some serious swinging. We walked a LONG time and hit two different parks where Chloe swung to her heart's content. Right now the baby swing is about all that Chloe can enjoy at a park. What do your kids like at the park?

Here are some of the best pictures of our swinging time:

8 comments:

carissa said...

soooooooooooooooo pretty!!!! my girls are diving head-first down the tunnel slide...crazy!!!

S said...

Those are great pics of the swing. Esther isn't old enough to enjoy the park yet, but I look forward to taking her or the beach. Sounds like you guys walked for a long time. Good for you! I bet you were beat afterwards. So, she woke up at 4 am? How long did she stay awake? Maybe she'll sleep well tonight! :)

Unknown said...

Carissa: Diving down the slide!?! Wow, I bet by the 4th kiddo you don't get too worried about that stuff anymore, eh?

Shannon: I was totally beat when we got home. We were gone for 3 hours! I had to change my clothes when I got home because I had worked up a good sweat. She stayed awake only for 1/2 hour but still it seemed like forever to me. She's been sleeping well for so long that it was really difficult to get up with her last night.

Tracy said...

Looks like you had a great time. We were stuck in doors today because of the rain. Kara loves helping Carissa's twins go down the slide (she gives their feet the extra push) and Lydia laughs the entire time she's in the swing -- otherwise Lydia's other favorite is trying to sneak the rocks into her mouth:)

Elaine said...

My kids love the park, or a restaurant play land, or the play area in the mall...as long as it involves running and screaming! Bryan Paul is a fan of the teeter-totter (or see-saw, or what ever is your synonym of choice), which is completely terrifying to me…all those childhood memories of a very sore bottom from the person on the other end jumping off. Gwyn is still a swing fan, although spider swinging is her favorite.

Katie said...

It looks like you had fun, and you got lots of exercise too!!! That's always a good thing - killing two birds with one stone. :) You inspired me to walk to the park today, but, alas, it's raining. Maybe it will stop. Luke loves going down the slide at our park, and climbing up the steps. He still likes the swing for a few minutes, especially when I swing on the "big person" swing right next to him. He gets such a kick out of that.

Don't those 4am wake-ups just kill you? Luke's been a funny sleeper lately, teeth, stomach bug, who knows, it's always changing. Fortunately, now he's just waking up a little early at 7. I can handle that!

Hope today's as good as yestserday was for you!

Kelli said...

It looks like Chloe had a blast on the swings! I love the pictures, as always! I hope she slept better for you last night.

Sharon said...

I love the pics of Chloe swinging! I actually enjoyed the swinging activity myself on Saturday evening (that was part of the after dinner activities)! We even had a fling the shoes contest to see who could fling their shoes the farthest when swinging. I lost. I could only get my flip-flops to go straight up in the air, just to hit someone in the head on the way back down!