4.07.2006

Gearing up for the Masters

Our favorite professional sports to watch on television together are (in this order) football and golf. The packers had a horrid season but we still faithfully watched their sad games. Now that the first major golf tournament of the season is this weekend, Matt and I are pumped. We've figured out the prime times to watch and Matt has scheduled time to watch as study breaks. :)

So far, Chad Campbell is in the lead with a -6 score. Tiger though is not too far behind. Who is your favorite for this year's tourney at Augusta? The course has been lengthened considerably and some sports commentators say that only a few pros can win on such a long course. Our household favorite is Tiger but I'm hoping an underdog comes up to win the Masters. I'm personally rooting for Sergio Garcia, from Spain. He's a young player and is always in the top rankings but hasn't yet won a major tournament. Who do you pick to win?

I hope this season the golfers stray a little bit more from the traditional pleated khakis and black pants. I love the cool get-ups of the European golfers. Let's see some plaid and brighter colors guys! (Darren Clarke is pictured here in a lovely pink outfit; he's from Ireland).

1 comment:

Kelli said...

We watched the Master's for a little bit today. I am cheering for Tiger, but I think that is becasue he is the only one I really know about! We actually have some friends who are there! How fun!