The title of this post is from a song in one of my favorite and little-known musicals, On the Town. NYC certainly is a wonderful town and we saw a lot of it in 3 short days. Thanks, Mom for whisking me away for such a fun adventure!I'll take you through our journey with a few pictures . . .
After a little scare at the airport (we were supposed to meet at my gate but because of security my mom and grandma weren't allowed in) we were shuttled to our hotel on 56th street in midtown Manhattan. The Da Vinci hotel was a great find! My mom searched dilligently online for a hotel with 2 beds near broadway. It was a tiny hotel but just perfect for our needs. We dropped off our bags and then braved the subway looking obviously like tourists. It didn't help that my grandma was shouting, "Huh? Which way do I put this card in?" and that my mom and I were staring at maps in my travel book. Thankfully a nice subway worker helped us out. But even his help didn't prevent us from boarding a train in the wrong direction. After grandma made friends with a businessman (that was another clue we were tourists - no one talked on the subway but us!) we had to switch trains and head south to Brooklyn. Next we pounded the Brooklyn Bridge and walked back into NYC soaking up the Manhattan skyline. Here are some photos of our bridge walk . . .




I think I should change the title of this post to NYC trip: part 1. I forgot how long it takes to upload these crazy pictures! I'm off to bed; I'll post more maƱana.
3 comments:
amazing, amazing, amazing! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics. Welcome home!
Was it as bad being away from Chloe as you anticipated? What kind of condition was Matt in when you returned? :)
Oh my, I missed Chloe more than I imagined I would! I looked at pictures of her on my digital camera and cried when I "talked" to her on the phone. :( Matt did an awesome job with chloe though he has a different style of caregiving than I do. He didn't get any schoolwork done but he had a ball with Chloe!
Post a Comment