Wow, I'm really dragging out the posts on our trip! Sorry about that. It's just that we did SO MUCH while we were there that I'd hate to leave anything out.
So, after the broadway musical Thursday evening we walked some more and found the Rockefeller Center plaza with its ice rink. We continued on past St. Patrick's cathedral and dragged our tired selves back to our hotel for a much needed rest. Not before stopping at Lindy's though for a piece of NY's most famous (and most expensive) cheesecake.Friday morning we walked 4 blocks north to Central park and strolled leisurely through it soaking up the sunshine. We finished our trip with a long walk down Madison Avenue in the upper west side. Madison Avenue (once again) made us feel like hopelessly poor tourists. It was especially fun to browse through the high-end children's boutiques and to imagine the adorable dresses on my Chloe.
A BIG THANK YOU to my mom and grandma. My mom financed my trip and grandma picked up more than a few meal tabs.
Thank you ladies for always being so generous to poor little me. Another thank you goes out to my dear husband, matt. Not many hubbies would assent to staying at home and being full-time daddies for 3 days. He did an absolutely fabulous job and I can tell that he and Chloe's relationship is already tighter. She has such special smiles for daddy!Some final photos of our journey:

McD's in Times Square. ($6 for a big mac meal!)

Rockefeller Center ice rink.

Grandma and her pineapple cheesecake.

Me and my brownie cheesecake at Lindy's.

The fountain in Central Park.

The gals rest their feet in Central Park.

NYC Art Museum.

A fancy penthouse in the upper west side of NYC.
4 comments:
Alicia- I'm just now seeing all your pics b/c I was out of town over the weekend. Looks like you girls had lots of fun! You would make a great tour guide - I felt like I was there - scrolling through the pics. :) You three ladies are beautiful I must say! I'm glad you got to go..I look forward to going someday.
We did have a ton of fun! I really had a hard time missing Chloe though. I mean, I needed a Chloe-break but when I was without her it felt so strange. I know, my gramma and ma are gorgeous! I hope I can look as young as them when I get older.
Thanks for posting all the pictures and telling us what all went on during your trip. It was quite fun to read through your little journey through NY. That is where Daniel patz and i wanted to go on our senior trip, but unfortnately everyone else wanted to go to Washington D.C. So, i still haven't been to NY. So, thanks for the quick tour. it was enjoyable.
Thanks for all those pics! You've inspired me to continue nudging my husband into going there. We're only 2 1/2 hours away, but traffic & $$$$ keeps holding him back. Maybe we'll take a train.
Post a Comment