Chloe is just blowing past these milestones like they're nuttin'. Just a few days ago she started clapping! I know that probably sounds like a really small thing, but I've been teaching her how to clap for weeks and now that she's done it I'm a very proud mommy. What simple things bring me joy, eh?Along with the clapping milestone we had a busy weekend. I had a mommy outing with my neighbor pal, Melinda (saintly mom of 6 children). We hit the town shopping and I happily helped Melinda spend some much needed money on HERSELF! We also treated ourselves to $6 haircuts and I got my hair chopped off for the summer. Pictures forthwith and forsooth (just wanted to use that word 'cuz it is so for-cool).
Also on the weekend agenda were a few rousing games of scrabble (that's our idea of a date). Matt came out the victor in both games winning first by 2 points and then royally kicking my patootie in the second game. Mr. Mayagi say, "The student has become the teachah. . ."
How was your weekend?
14 comments:
Don't worry about cheering too loudly! No milestone is minor! I too love seeing Luke learn new stuff. My favorite thing to do with him lately is puzzles. I'm amazed how quickly he learns them! He makes me so proud . . .
He's been saying more words lately too (esp. since the tubes went in). He's said "Dad" or "Dadda" for a little while, but lately, he started saying "Daddy" except he leaves out the "d" so it sounds like "Da-yi." SO cute. :)
I forgot to mention, the Chatterbox comments section is the "Fighting Words" blog, on the right side. Do ya see it?
you are hilarious! i love the mr. myagi comment!
Congrats chloe on your clapping...maybe mommy will win a scrabble game sometime so you can use your skills on her! :)
Have a great day! :)
That's great that she's hit another milestone. I was just looking at some 12 mo clothes this weekend and mourning over the fact, Esther will fit in them some day. Chloe is looking so cute in her little hat. How did you teach her to clap?
KT: Got it, I will check out the chatterbox link. How is the packing coming along? how much longer til the moving date? How adorable about Luke's words! I seriously envy you - the 2-3 year age sounds like a blast.
Shyla: I know, you'd think I'd be able to beat my 8 mos. old daughter in scrabble. You never know though. Matt has really become quite good. And I was the one who used to spank his heinie . . . Ah well, he's an english nerd so he's got an amazing vocabulary but I can still spell better than him. Ha!
Shannon: Aren't these girls growing so fast!?! Chloe is wearing 12-18 mos. clothes now and I can no longer just rock her 25 lb. body in my arms. She's a beast! Chloe really digs it when I clap and that was what I did first. I'd clap and say, "clap, clap". Then I'd take her little hands and clap them together saying the same thing. We've been working on it awhile but I was still surprised when she did it on her own.
I've been doing the exact same thing with Ella and she thinks it is great fun - but no clapping on her own yet... but this gives me such hope. We had a wonderful weekend also. Went to a prayer service at church on Friday, went over to some friends for dinner on Sat. had church on Sunday and then had some friends over for dinner. Do you know Blue and Deb Falconer? That's who it was. A fun filled weekend. My in-laws are coming today to stay with us - so clean, clean, clean!
Hooray for Chloe! I am sure it is very rewarding to see her doing something you have been teaching her! I am sure it will become more and more rewarding as time goes on! She is adorable in the hat, as always!
I really wish you'd stop asking me how my packing is coming along; I'm feeling increasingly guilty! :) Actually, you better keep asking, because I've GOT TO get on it! I need to order some boxes online before we re-pack our storage stuff. That's the excuse I keep using. :)
This week we're busy with the Together For the Gospel conference; lots of Bethlehem friends are coming in, including David, Jenecia and Solomon Griffiths! I'm super excited. I think Pat's going to be in town too!
Congratulations Chloe! I remember how exciting it was when Kara began clapping. She loved going to the basketball games and clapping when everyone else did.
Don't get too anxious for the 2-3 age span yet. Kara turns two on Thursday, and unfortunately has already received more than her share of discipline :-( Oh well, at least she can talk and will soon be out of diapers (I can dream can't I)
Hurray for Chloe!
These precious ones grow too fast, but it is so much fun to watch.
My weekend was crazy busy..we had a memorial service for Nanny in Indianapolis and Missions Emphasis Weekend with Dr. Fox in Joliet. Lot's of driving!
al, I tried to comment yesterday, but it didn't allow it....so I won't write much til I know it went thru.
Congrats to chloe on her new milestone in life. Can't wait till i get to experience this all with my own kids someday...Lord willing.
As far as the weekend went, On saturday, tom and i beat one of our video games (jak and daxter), and we're just lazy together. It was really nice. Sunday was a busy day with helping out in jr. church and then dinner out with friends. And then in the evening we had our monthly young married's meeting. There are many young married couples in our church and we all get together once a month and have a meeting with a middle-aged couple from our church. IT's been so great! and something we'll miss greatly when we move.
Glad to hear you had a fun weekend too.
Kelly: Oh my, I was so surprised when she just spontaneously started clapping. Let me know when Ella joins the ranks of clapping babies! Does she crawl? Chloe's wwwwwwway far behind in crawling and is just now starting to try it out. Of course I remember Blue & Deb. Who could forget him with a name like Blue Sky Falconer? :) How are they? Enjoy your in-laws!
Kelli: Thanks for the clapping kudos! It is super fun to see her doing new things. Still working on the mama one though.
KT: just replied to this post on your blog. :) I promise to stop asking you about your packing. :) ENJOY the griffiths! I expect to see some pix of lil solomon since david rarely posts any.
Tracy: Oh boy, good luck with the potty training. I've heard it's way easier for girls than boys (for obvious reasons). I'm already seeing some of Chloe's stubborn will - I don't look forward to more of that as she gets older.
Elaine: Welcome home from your busy weekend! Are you settling back into your weekly routines?
Carissa: Blogspot can sometimes be a pain that way. Today I tried to post a picture and it wouldn't let me. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Amanda: way to conquer your video game! :) sounds like fun. your relaxing weeekend makes me yearn for our couple days. but then i look at chloe and remember what a joy it is to have her around. i just started a new prayer notebook this morning and i added "baby" to my requests for you! :) i also wrote down "new church home in GR" for you guys. hope your church hunting experience is better than ours.
hey, thanks for the baby requests next to my name on the prayer list. Your prayer request brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. The Lord knows that is a great desire for tom and i, but of course, He knows when that's best for us. we'll welcome the prayers that's for sure!
Post a Comment