Just last night Chloe started vocalizing strings of "ma", "na", and this morning she added "da" to her repetoire. It's so adorable to hear her finding her voice! Since she hasn't done anything new for awhile, this new vocalizing has renewed our excitement about her development. Now we've got to get her to understand that I'm "mama" with just two syllables and Matt is "dada". Of course I'm working hard at teaching the mama part and neglecting dada.
When did your child/children say their first mama or dada?
4 comments:
How fun to hear her talk! I am sure with much coaching she will soon be saying "mama"! How fun!
My kids said mama and dada around 7-8months. My girls (now 13 mo.) are saying, "maaameeeee"! I love it.
Ella just started saying dad last week. Mom has not come yet - except for sometimes when she is crying. Josh is just so excited that I don't even mind. But her first word was Bob - which she has been saying for a while. We're still not sure about that one.
Ian started making the different sounds at 6 months and said "dada" all the time, but his first real words were at 10 months - dog, book and ball all made it in the same day. After that, his vocabulary quickly expanded. Calvin's first words were "Dante...woof, woof" at around 10 months (Dante is our great dane) and since then he has said other words, but is not even close to talking like Ian was at this age. Just goes to show how you can't compare them. It's still fun to do though! =)
Post a Comment