After walking the massive and awe inspiring Brooklyn Bridge, we walked through the city's governmental district on our way to Chinatown. In Chinatown I bought some adorable little red chinese shoes for Chloe and we ambled leisurely through shops, bakeries, and strange Chinese grocery stores. We bought some curious items and noshed at a Chinese bakery before continuing our stroll.On to Little Italy where ristorantes and pizzerias endlessly greeted us with delicious aromas. Each restaurant looked enchanting - lit darkly with candles and bearing white or red checkered table cloths.
We continued on through Soho where we really looked out of place. Here I thought I looked so nice in my special pink converse tennies . . . ha! Seemed as though models were continually brushing past us in spikey heels, bug eyed sunglasses, huge beaded necklaces, and unique purses. We mostly just window shopped but we did enter Bloomingdale's and almost instantly we knew we were in too deep. It must have been obvious to the salespeople also; no one bothered to ask us if we needed help finding anything - it was obvious we didn't! :) We wowed at the dresses, purses, and shoes and tried not to gawk at price tags. I even found a dress ticketed at $1,000! Unbelievable affluence, eh? We also stumbled across a designer line called "Chloe". We browsed through Chloe merchandise and we had to snap a photo of the I heart tanktop (pictured below).
By now we were starving and in need of a restroom. We walked through Washington Square Park (where competitive chess and scrabble are played - unfortunately we missed the games) and passed NYU. On to Greenwich Village where we walked and walked and walked some more in search of a quaint restaurant. We found a little Italian joint and thoroughly enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and chance to rest our feet.
Continuing on through Greenwich Village, we were enchanted by the different shops and just kept on strolling regardless of direction. After some gelato and cheese shops we realized we didn't know where we were - much less where the nearest subway station was. More walking and we found our way back to the hotel.
At the hotel, my mom and I took another stroll (can you believe our insanity?!? more walking?!?!!) down to the CBS studio where Letterman films. The lights of Times Square beckoned so we kept on ambling until we were at 42nd street. ! Sheesh, 28 more blocks on top of a very heavy walking day. We were pooped (to say the least) when we returned to the hotel once again.
Here are some photos of our journeys from Wednesday:



2 comments:
Alicia-Sounds like you had a wondeful time in NY with your mother and grandma! Looks like a neat place to visit; maybe I will make it there someday! I loved the picture of the tank-top! I am sure Chloe will look adorable in the shoes you bought her! I bet Matt and Chloe are glad you are back home! Have a wonderful Monday!
Kelli: Yup, I did have a wonderful time! I love travelling with my mom and grandma; they're tons of fun and very adventurous. I absolutely can not wait until Chloe can wear the shoes I bought her in Chinatown. They are cuter than cute. :)
Post a Comment