It's Friday! Yeehaw! Matt has some professor gig tonight where he has to listen to a paper being presented so it will be just me and my baby girl at home tonight. Since Matt will be gone, I plan to get a movie from the library (I'm hoping to borrow Everything is Illuminated or Crash and eat some popcorn for dinner. Anyone seen these flicks? Any other movies you recommend I see while Matt is out? When he's gone I try to get movies I know he won't like so he doesn't miss anything.What are your plans for tonight?
10 comments:
We are heading out on the camper this weekend!! YEAH!!! The first camping weekend of the season and we are so ready! It is so hard to sit here at work when I know it is going to be a beautiful weekend at the campground...and of course we as a family have such a nice time together! The kids love it!!!
Have a fun girls night! I love popcorn dinner nights. My kids haven't figured that one out yet...
Heather: Camping already?! Wow, sounds like a blast. What kind of camper do you have? Hope the weather stays nice for your first trip of the season. Where do you go camping?
Camping already...YES! It is supposed to be in the high 60's low 70's all weekend! We really do have fun and have always camped as a family since we have been married! Kevin has camped since he was a little boy. We have a travel trailer! Don't worry I will take pictures! The campground where we are at this weekend is about 20 minutes from our house.
Actually, last night, we snuck out a night early! We were so excited to get out there! We had a wonderful time and the kids loved it! It is a little hard to be here at work right now knowing that I am going back out there tonight!!!
i really give my respect to people who like to camp! I don't know if it's worth all the work - i did it with my aunt and all the work that went it to it was overwhelming! It's a fun time though and my aunt and unlce havea great spot with lots to do while you're there.
As far as my weekend...painting baby furniture with my honey and we have a Ladies' Seminar at Highpoint this weekend, so I am busy singing for that!
OH! PRAY! I am getting my hair highlighted on saturday by a lady from church who has never done my hair before and i am REALLY nervous!! She's only $25 though and my hairdresser that I LOOOOVE is $82 for a highlight...just can't pay it anymore (didn't like paying it EVER!! But she was amazing and knew how to cut my brillo head and never messed up the color!!)
Heather: Oh man! I hope you can sneak away from work a bit early today so you can enjoy the whole camping experience. I suppose it's still too cold to swim, right?
Shyla: Good luck with the hair dying! Sounds like quite a deal compared to $82. What about getting highlights at a beauty school? I used to get my haiir cut there cheap. Awww, baby furniture! How fun; be sure to post pictures of your designer nursery.
I love to camp! My husband and I go every summer. We tent-camp though. Our friends tease us because our tent is huge and we sleep on a queen size mattress. We usually go up for 7-10 days in June or July with a large group of friends. It's so nice to cook over a fire, read books, swim in Lake Michigan, play games, go for bike rides, enjoy long walks, wake up to the birds, I can go on and on! I am jealous, Heather!
My husband is preaching on Sunday so he will be busy tonight working on his sermon.
As for me, a few of my students asked if they could come over and hang out at our house. It's kind of nice that my kids think it's actually fun to be with their teacher. I plan to do some yard work until it gets dark. When the kids come over we will probably play games, munch on some snacks, and MAYBE throw in a movie. I am not a big movie watcher - I get sort of bored with them.
-Kelly
Stephen and I like old Alfred Hitchcock movies. We just watched this one called Shadow of A Doubt that was really good and Notorious. We don't really have any big plans for tonight - since Stephen works also. Too bad we don't live close to Akron!
Kelly: We are tent campers too! we haven't gone since having Chloe but I would love to this summer if we can. Matt has a busy summer ahead of him with a teaching job. I too love cooking over the fire. Wish we had a nice mattress though. Last time we just slept on sleeping bags. Wonder what we'd do with Chloe along . . . Have a good time with your students! Hope you don't get too tired of them after a full week of school.
Shannon: I love old black and whites too. I didn't really like Notorious too much though. My favorites are Rear Window and The Birds(creepy!). I dig old Cary Grant movies even more than Alfred Hitchcock. Have you seen My Favorite Wife? Hilarious! Too bad you don't live nearby - we could munch on popcorn together!
Al,
Hope your girls night is fun. Fortunately, this is one Friday night that Luke & I won't be home alone. (Chris works A LOT of Friday nights.)
Re the camping topic, I'd love to go too, but admit that we haven't gone since Luke was born. I still think it would be a LOT of work at the stage that Luke is at. But, maybe Chris and I should try it this summer. Also, I'm sure a pack-n-play would work well, if your tent is big enough. Do you have one for Chloe?
Re. movies, Chris and I will probaby watch Walk the Line tonight. We saw it in the theater, but liked it a lot. I guess I shouldn't rant about it too much, because I know people who really didn't like it and thought it was built up too much. They complain that it really minimized his conversion. Well, it did, but coming from Hollywood, I didn't expect any different. I too like to watch movies that Chris wouldn't like when I'm alone - especially girly movies. Yours, Mine & Ours is cheesy, but cute. So is Just Like Heaven.
Your plans sound like LOTS more fun than mine...I get to be pizza delivery person for the guys over helping Michael re-wire our house. YAY on the house, though. Progress is being made!!!! Popcorn does sound good, though. I'll have to forgo the pizza (hello, heartburn) and popcorn might be just the ticket!
Post a Comment