4.07.2006

Slacker day

"SSSSSlacker!" Mr. Strickland (the meanie principal from Back to the Future) yells in my head. Chloe woke at 5:30 this morning and me, being the sleep needing mommy that I am, crawled back into bed when she took her morning nap. At 9:45 we both woke and ate a late breakfast. We played on the porch and sat around in the dining room leaving the dishes undone and the bed unmade. I tried working on my two sewing projects (pajamas and Chloe's easter dress) but got frustrated with the zippers so I quit. And now, to top off my slackerdom, I'm blogging. Maybe the friday bug has bitten me or maybe the grey rainy day is affecing me or maybe I just need to enjoy Chloe today. Ever have one of these slacker days? I thank God that I can just be at home and relish my dear daughter. (Right now she's attacking our paper trash can and trying to eat things.)

Hope you're having a productive non-slacker Friday!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Al,
I have a great plan for zippers. I'll email you. It's not frustrating at ALL I promise!

Enjoy your Friday!!!

Kelly Glupker said...

Sounds like a relaxing day. I think I need a slacker Friday. I got to school yesterday at 7:45 a.m. and didn't leave until about 10:45 p.m. Today is a half day of school. My kids just left and I was thinking about going home to take a nap. Unfortunately I have school work to do so I will be here a few more hours. I am happy for you though! :)

Unknown said...

Jen: I look forward to your zipper tips!

Kelly: Aw! That's rough. I hope you get a nap in sometime this weekend. At least you don't have to deal with kids this afternoon. What grade do you teach?

Kelli said...

Sounds like you just needed an "enjoy Chloe day". I am sure you had a great day relaxing with your sweet baby girl! I have had a busy day at work but that makes the day go by fast and then I can relax tonight and this weekend! Have a great weekend!

Shyla said...

happy slacking!
my boss just gave us 6th row seats to the 76er's game tonight - they're not the Pistons..but it's still basketball!!

S said...

I have had those days before too. Today wasn't one of them as we went to the Botanical Gardens with a bunch of other moms and then I babysat a friend's baby. Anyways, I think it's different now with being at home, because it's not like you ever get a 'weekend of relaxing'. Your morning tomorrow and Sunday will start at the same time it did the rest of the week! :) That's what I've noticed anyway. Good for you for enjoying your daughter - she'll only be little once!

The Two of Us said...

Alicia,
Good job - every once in a while you need one of those slacker days. Of course I remember you. :) Vanesa and I do keep in contact still - we call each other every week. She is in Saipan and has been since we graduated in '99. It's great to hear from you again. Congratulations on being a Mommy.