Tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. we head to the airport. I spent all day preparing for this trip. I made babyfood for Chloe so Matt will be stocked; I washed my special pink high-top converse tennies in the washing machine so they are gleaming; I did laundry and loads of dishes; I listened to my favorite Harry Connick Jr. cd to pump myself up; and I packed (it's amazing how lightly I can pack since it's just me!) Tonight I'm doing some sewing on Chloe's easter dress (I still don't have the right zipper so I had to stop on the pajama project). Now that I'm almost all ready, I'm getting sad as I think about saying goodbye to Chloe and Matt. Even though it's only going to be 2.5 days and 2 nights it will still be difficult for me to part with them. Chloe is such a precious little thing and such an active part of my life (obviously) that I'm going to miss her terribly. I also don't want to "miss" anything in her development. How crazy is that!?! It's not like I'll be missing her first step. Am I being irrational here?
Since I won't be back to blogging until Saturday (at the earliest), here are some cute pictures of my darling Chloe to keep you occupied in my absence (like all you do in life is check my blog!). I think this post must be a record for my use of parentheses . . .

My big girl sits in a regular stroller now!

Chloe using her "exercise" ball.

Doesn't she look angelic when she's sleeping? She's been scooting herself to the corner of her crib lately.

Chloe's first experience with Cheerios! She was hilarious to watch as she figured out how to chew. She still can't really get them into her mouth on her own yet but it's a good exercise in developing her fine motor skills.

Another funny Cheerio face.
5 comments:
She is getting cuter all the time! Like I've said a million times, HAVE FUN! I know how you feel about leaving Chloe. I didn't have the opportunity to leave Luke overnight until after Christmas when we left him at his grandparents and went back home for some time alone. I cried a little bit when we drove away! (sappy me) I'm really dreading the emotion that I'll experience when my parents take him home to WI this July and Chris and I head to Scotland. I KNOW he'll be fine and have a blast. It's me I'm worried about! :)
I love the picture of Chloe sleeping! She has such a sweet face! Have tons of fun in NYC. I hope it is a relaxing time for you and for your mom. I am sure Matt and Chloe will have fun having daddy/baby time! I bet you will all be ready to be back together on Saturday! HAVE FUN!
Have fun in NYC!
We love it there!
We only live about 2.5 hrs from there, so it's grat to run up for the day or weekend!
Cutie Chloe will have a blast with Matt! (I will be praying for him! :)
Alicia -
Esther does the same thing in her crib! She is such a cutie. I bet you're going to miss her so much while you're gone, but I know you will have a blast in NYC!
Hope you had a great time at NYC! It's one of my fav places to visit. I make it there only once a year, and I only live 2 to 2 1/2 hours away! You definitely have to post pics so we can all see:o) Hopefully I'll make it back up there soon. . . I'm dying to go see another broadway show!
Post a Comment