7.19.2007

Company Coming!

We've been in frenzied cleaning and preparing mode the last few days as we have two different sets of company coming in beginning today. I finally feel like everything is ready. I have a lasagna in the fridge, french bread rising, and everything that can possibly be cleaned has been cleaned.

This afternoon my old high-school pal Jackie will be arriving with her daughter (3 yr. old Madeline) and another friend. They're on a road trip to Niagara Falls (who knew we were only 4 hours away from them?!?) and our place will make a good stopping point.

Then tomorrow afternoon, Matt's folks are coming in for a longer visit. We've only seem them a tiny little bit this summer so we're pumped about having them all to ourselves for a few weeks.

All that to say, blogging won't be a high priority for me in the coming weeks. I'll try to post photos of our visits and adventures! Enjoy your last weeks of July!

Do any of you have family visiting this summer? Or any vacations planned to enjoy the last bits of summer?

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Yes we leave August 1 to go visit both of our familes - first MI then WV. Mike can't be away that long so he will come back sooner but I can :) so I'm staying an extra week in WV and I'm hoping to get out to NJ as well before my sister brings me back through Greenville and then home.

Karen said...

"Last bits" of summer... sheesh, it really got away from us!

We've got a week in August but are unsure how to spend it. Perhaps in Texas, where my biological family lives.

Have fun!

Carrie said...

Sorry to get your hopes up - Mike is from Flint, MI not Milwaukee but now his parents live in Fenton, MI. I am born and raised in Jane Lew, WV (near Clarksburg or Fairmont). My home church supports Miranda Horn.

Heather said...

Have a great time with your family!! Enjoy your time with them!

We are going on one last vacation in August sometime. I am really looking forward to it!

Carrie said...

That's ok I misspell and misread and am on totally different thinking patterns then others around me all the time - Pregnant or not!

Rachel said...

Hi Alicia,
My parents come in 3 days - yippee!! We are so excited to see them and spend time with them. Have fun with Matt's parents - we'll "see" you in a little while:).

Mary Ann said...

Have a great time with your visitors! This summer really is flying by...I don't have any long trips planned but I've spent the last 3 Sat. in Indy, my family is taking another trip to Holiday World soon, & I'm headed out for a canoeing trip with a bunch of friends in August. Then in September I'm going to Vienna - Yippee!

Amanda T said...

Hey there alicia,
can't believe how much I've missed not reading up on all of your news. Congrats on the new little one coming!! Hope the time with friends and family is great.

Shannon Smith said...

Hope you enjoy your company.