The first is an absolutely delicious glaze for bbq chicken which we've used twice now and we've been very pleased with the result!
The second recipe is for some nutritious whole-wheat peanut butter waffles. These are yummy with honey and fresh fruit on top. It makes a huge batch so we ate some and then froze the rest. It's so convenient to pull out a few and pop them in the toaster for a quick healthy breakfast.
Enjoy!

So Easy BBQ-Glazed Chicken| 1/2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing, divided |
| 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.) |
| 1/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce |
| 2 Tbsp. orange marmalade |
| |
| PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over chicken in shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 10 min. or up to 24 hours to marinate. |
| MIX remaining 1/4 cup dressing, the barbecue sauce and marmalade; set aside. |
| PLACE chicken on grill; cover. Grill 12 to 15 min. or until cooked through (170°F), turning occasionally and brushing with sauce mixture during last few minutes of cooking. Let stand, covered with foil, for a few minutes before serving. |
Whole-Wheat Peanut Butter Waffles2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. salt
cooking spray or melted butter
- In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients
- Preheat the waffle iron. When it's hot, spray its surface lightly with the cooking spray or brush it with the butter.
- Fill a medium-size ladle with batter and pour it onto the waffle iron. Cook until the waffle is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot with honey or butter and fresh berries.
4 comments:
Oooo...these look great. I love to marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing and the addition of bbq sauce and marmalade sounds excellent.
I have never heard of PB waffles. What a great way to add extra protein to the waffle recipe. Can you use natural PB in this or will it change the recipe? When we lived in VT, I would make a double recipe of waffles and freeze them. That way, I could pop them in the toaster for my hubby's breakfast. He leaves too early for that to happen anymore:(. Now I freeze other things that thaw out easily for his breakfast/lunch.
I would rather bake his goodies than him buy them - too expensive and lots of bad ingredients. Sorry for the rabbit trail...
Ooh, looks like I'll have to keep my eyes open for a waffle iron as I garage sale this summer! Those look great!
Both of those recipies sound great. We barbeque chicken all the time during the summer, so I will definately be trying out that recipe. The waffles look and sound delicious (of course with peanut butter they are bound to be great!). Alas, I do not have a waffle iron. So I guess that recipe will have to wait.
I tried your Fruit Ice recipe just now. WOW!!! Both my hubby and I LOVED it. I made a double recipe with watermelon and strawberries. I only used one recipe of the simple syrup though and it was sweet enough. I bought mangoes and peaches on sale today and when they are ripe enough, I am going to try that combo. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this recipe!!! I love the idea of giving my family an alternative to the store-bought popsicles. Yummers:)
Post a Comment