After feeling flabby and sorry for myself this morning, God gave me an exciting blessing this afternoon. I felt our baby kick! I was just waking from a nap and laying there comfortably. I turned over to twist my sore back and put my hand on my tummy. Then the baby started swimming and kicking gently!
The baby did much more kicking and poking but it was all fairly faint. By the time I raced downstairs to tell Matt, I couldn't feel the movement anymore. I can't wait until the kicking is strong enough for Chloe to see and feel. What fun that will be!
When did you first feel your bambino move? Do you remember where you were and the emotions you felt?
10 comments:
I felt it at 16 wks. The 1st time I felt it was sitting on the couch relaxing and watching TV. It sure does make your pregnancy real! Now, I look forward to feeling the movement, but know those kicks will get harder. :)
The first time I felt Andy move was during an ultrasound at 22 weeks. We were traveling from Northland to Canada for the summer, and since I hadn't felt him move yet, we wanted to make sure everything was okay b4 leaving the country. After that he rarely stopped.
I'm so glad you were able to be encouraged by the baby moving. Chloe will be excited when she can see and feel the baby move. Can't wait to hear/see her reaction (if you video it.)
I started to feel my baby move at 19 weeks. Now he/she moves constantly!!!!! Others can see my baby move, they don't even have to feel it.
I was 17 weeks, and I was visiting my parents in WI. I lay down to go to sleep, and just as I was drifting off to sleep, *flutter!*
With Luke, I remember that it was at exactly 20 weeks. With this one, I think I felt it WAY early. I don't think I would've believed someone who told me they felt a baby move that early, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't gas. :) I think it was 13 weeks or something crazy early like that. I feel the baby most days - usually when I'm trying to sleep or in the morning.
How far along are you again? Don't feel bad about pulling out the maternity clothes. I'm not showing very much yet, but I've had to wear maternity for a couple of weeks because the old clothes were uncomfortable and just made me look fat. :(
How neat that God granted you this special moment today of all days:). I was 16 weeks along, sitting in my grandparents' livingroom talking with them and my dad. It was special to be able to share that moment with all of them. Feeling your child move is such a wonderful experience.
YEAH!! So glad that you were able to feel your little one moving and kicking!! What a wonderful feeling!!! I don't really remember exactly how far along I was with my two children. I was probably out of my first trimester with them...it was the best feeling in the world. I really loved it though when Kevin would sit with me in the evening and watch my stomach just jump around toward the end of my pregnancy.
I probably attributed Aaron's earliest moving around to "bubbles" because I was SO not sure if it was really him. I knew later, though! What a neat blessing on your first day of maternity clothes wearing! :-)
I don't remember exactly when I felt Aaron move for the first time. I think it was around the 18 week mark, but I think he was moving before then, but I just thought it was gas or hunger pangs or something like that. It is such a neat blessing to be able to feel our babies move. Later on I remember we'd be sitting in church and Aaron would decide to stretch or something and the movement would go all across my belly. Ron and I would just smile at each other. There were many services where he would just hold his hand on my belly for the longest time! That's so great that you were able to feel your baby that early! You've got a mover and shaker in there! Chloe's going to love it when she's able to feel!
Wow, I have so many comments to leave on your blog after my sporadic time reading blogs with no commenting or posting my own. It is so interesting for me to follow your blog because Kayla and Chloe are so close in age!
I didn't feel Kayla move until 21 weeks, but I felt movement this pregnancy at 16 weeks. It really is a special thing! Glad you got such a blessing on a day you needed it, and boy do I understand about the whole in between stage when people that know you but don't know you're pregnant take a second glance to see if you've just gained weight or if you're pregnant. I'm still there myself because I gain all over instead of all baby. I think too we feel big and the scale doesn't say anything nice so we think we look bigger than we actually do (or are people just being nice when they say that we look great?).
I loved your in between maternity tops you made! Once again, I can see the usefulness of sewing skills. Good for you for being so creative.
Kayla LOVED the video of Chloe singing The Wheels on the Bus. That is one of Kayla's favorite songs. When I get on the computer, she says "Watch Chloe." I wanted to video Kayla doing it with Chloe while she was watching it and then post it on our blog so Chloe could watch it, but I am just so behind on life so it hasn't happened yet. We have camp this week without internet access so I guess I'm just going to have to resign myself to it not being a blogging summer.
Great job on transitioning Chloe to her big girl bed! I haven't attempted that with Kayla yet because it's just more convenient for me to have her in the pack and play in other people's homes. Plus, her pack and play is kinda' part of her security in new rooms. Kayla is very attached to a paci too, but I'm not ready to take it away yet either. Maybe I'm too soft and using deputation as an excuse, but I just can't bear to take it away from her yet with all the flexibility in her schedule we require. We haven't started potty training yet either because of being in the car so much, but once our schedule switches to mainly weekend meetings in August, I think I'm going to start her with it. She talks about using the big potty, and I put her on their twice and once she went "poo-poo" on it but it was me catching her at the right time when she asked to try.
Okay, sorry about the long comment. I'm sure there were other interesting posts that I wanted to comment on, but I don't remember what they were. Hope you enjoy time with friends and family!
Post a Comment