7.31.2007

A full day at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens

Much thanks to all of you for your well wishes and advice! I'm finally on the mend and feeling much better. Matt's also feeling more energetic and recovering quickly.

Now that we've got more energy (and the sun has started shining into our previously rainy area), we are jam packing these last few days with Matt's folks. Today we visited the national historic landmark, the Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens, built by Goodyear founder F.A. Sieberling. It's a 1917 mansion built in the Tudor style with expansive gardens, fountains and conservatory.

Since this is the 50th anniversary of the museum, a special treehouse exhibit including 12 different structures was built. As you'll see from the photos below, the treehouses vary greatly in design. The coolest part was that each treehouse was totally sturdy and kid-friendly so Chloe could get out and play.

We had a wonderful wonderful time! The Lord gave us a beautiful sunny day and He helped Chloe to behave well despite a much-delayed naptime. And God protected all those expensive antiques in the mansion from Chloe's curiosity. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so glad that you all are feeling better. It looks like you had one of those picture perfect days to enjoy. The pictures of Chloe were really cute. She is such a doll baby. Enjoy the remainder of your time with your family.

Mary Ann said...

Yay! You're feeling better! I'm glad you were all able to enjoy a day out seeing the sights - what a beautiful place & beautiful weather. There's nothing like a sunny summer day...

Janelle said...

That's so great that you're feeling better! I'm sure the fresh air and sunshine did wonders too! What a beautiful place that looks like so much fun to visit! I'm sure the rest of your time with Matt's parents will go much better now that you're on the mend! Praise the Lord!