10.10.2007

Gramma update

Whew! It's been a long few weeks, hasn't it? Feels like forever since I've blogged or even turned a computer on.

Chloe and I were able to spend 10 days in Milwaukee helping out with grandma. The fantastic news is that grandma is almost 100% better! Turns out she didn't sleep for several days on her trip to China and that threw her into a delirium. After 6 days in the hospital, with the help of some powerful sleeping and calming drugs grandma's back at home now getting her rest and getting back to normal.

Though it was a rough and tiring time, I'm so thankful that we were able to go and help out! (Many thanks to my mom who used her frequent flier miles to get us there so quickly). Chloe was quite a trooper and even though I reverted to mommy-survival mode (increased passy-use and lots more tv than usual) it was a blessing to have her along. A two year old can be very therapeutic.

I'm also overwhelmingly thankful that God heard our prayers by healing my grandma and bringing her back to us safely. She's an incredibly special lady to us and to God.

Thanks to all of you who prayed!

10 comments:

Heather said...

So glad to hear that your Grandma is getting stronger and so glad to have you back to the blogging world!

the johnson crew said...

adorable picture. your grandma is so adorable... what a pretty dress she is wearing.

Tracy said...

I'm so thankful that your grandmother is getting better. Thank you for sharing the update.

Mary Ann said...

I'm so grateful to hear that your g-ma is doing so much better! I was really concerned that they would give her a hard time when she tried to get back into the country (maybe I believe too many rumors about SARS & the avian flu). It's nice to have you back!

Abby said...

So glad to hear the good news about your Gramma!! God is defintiely the great physician and heals!! Glad to see you back in the blogging realm - I've missed you!!

Rachel said...

Yay - you are back! I am so glad to hear that your gramma is doing so well. I am sure that you loved being with her and your mom.

Are you feeling more rested? I hope that the trip didn't tire you out too much. You are a loving and caring granddaughter to have been there to help out. No doubt, you are glad to be home with your hubby again. Take care.

Jenny said...

Super glad you're back! That is a great pic, and what wonderful news!!

pamela s said...

I'm so glad to see you back & to hear the great news!!

Amanda T said...

Glad to hear that she's doing so much better.

Carrie said...

Welcome back and so glad to hear your grandma is better!