This morning did not start out well. After two spankings and lots of subsequent Chloe-crying before 9 a.m. I thought to myself, "Do I really want to start potty-training again today?"You may recall our intensive and enthusiastic start to potty-training back in September. Encountering much negativism and a case of diarrhea, we took a sanity-preserving pottying break. Then with our unexpected visit to Milwaukee, potty-training took a necessary backseat once again.
Since rain is forecasted this week, I thought we'd dive in and make a fresh start on this pottying adventure. My goal is to have Chloe trained by Thanksgiving. That gives us an entire month to work out the kinks. I know, I have must have the words "Naive First-time Mom" tattooed to my forehead. :)
Surprisingly, we had a pretty good day of training. Chloe is vvvvvvvvvvvvery good at keeping her undies dry. I'm so impressed with how she can control that little bladder of hers! She's way better at that than I (but I have a huge baby pressing on my bladder so there). After 6 times of potty sitting today, she never successfully tinkled. BUT she kept her undies dry all day. So this girl went from morning to naptime and then again all evening without an accident in her undies. (For those of you who care to know these details at naptime I left her undies on and then slapped the diaper on over top. That way she still felt the wetness but didn't make a huge mess in the bed. Good idea?)
Now we've got to get this girl to actually do her business on the potty. I certainly don't want to train her to just keep dry all day long and then relieve herself when she feels the familiar diaper applied. Any suggestions?
4 comments:
You may laugh but maybe putting her hand in warm water would give her more of an urge to go. It would work for me! :)
BTW - great job to your little gal for keeping her underwear dry. I hope that you'll meet your Thanksgiving goal.
YAY!!! for Chloe and mommy!! So, so, so exciting! And that diaper on top of the undies seems like a good idea - I've never tried it, but if it keeps her feeling the wetness, then that's great! Let me know if it works, and I'll have to try it when it's time to train Joshua. I always just used a lap pad on the bed so I didn't have to change the whole bed, but that doesn't always work. - if it helps, Joey had a "bladder of steel" and could hold it until I put him on the potty - #1 that is. In all of potty training, I think he peed his pants 2 times. #2 was a different story, however (for the girls, also). He'd pee on the potty and keep his pants dry all day, but wouldn't do #2 - until I put his diaper on him for bedtime. I went 2 days one time and he still waited until bedtime on the second night (Joe was afraid he'd get constipated ;o) ) Eventually one morning, since we could tell he was holding it for the diaper, we put him on the training potty w/ some cartoons and fed him prune juice all morning. It worked, he went, and the rest is history.
Anyway, I've never had the previous one out of diapers before the next one came, so that would be great! I'm rootin' for ya'!
Great job -- sounds like Chloe is almost there. Putting a diaper over the undies is a great idea so you don't have to change all the bedding. I didn't do it w/ Lydia this summer, but all she had on her bed was sheets. Now she wears a diaper over her underwear at night so we don't have to wash all her bedding. (that and I think the cold weather causes them to have less control over their bladders).
If she keeps waiting until the diaper to go, you could try eliminating the diaper over the underwear at nap time or give her extra drinks in the morning which would make it difficult to wait. Good Luck -- Please share what works for us.
No advice here -- we're still in the potty training process ourselves. Great job on holding it, Chloe. That's what we're working with Kayla on. If we put your holding ability and Kayla's going on the toilet ability together, we'd have you both potty trained!
Post a Comment