10.27.2007

Life updates

Seems like my blog posts lately have been open-ended. Thanks to all of you for all your comments on portrait studios, potty-training, and Halloween candy excess. Here are some updates on those life issues:

  • The best update must come first; Chloe went pee-pee on the potty twice yesterday!!!!! She definitely has some inhibitions about going on the potty because late in the morning (after much juice and two accidents) a few drops came out while she was sitting on the potty. She cried and screamed and tried to get off. I just hugged her and sang to her and a whole 5 drops went in the potty! After that, she was excited to be able to wipe herself, flush, and wash her hands. She raced downstairs to tell daddy (thankfully he came home early yesterday so he was around for the big event) and then he treated us all to ice cream at Dairy Queen. We went sans diaper for her nap which made for a short nap, but I'm thinking this is the way to go for her so she doesn't train herself to go when she gets a nap-diaper. The second potty success came last night. Chloe and Matt went off to run some errands after dinner and she kept her undies dry despite having a diaper on over top! So, I knew she needed potty-time when they got home. I was bound and determined to have her go before bedtime. It took almost an hour of me reading and playing with her while she sat on the potty but she did her tinkling! And this time she didn't cry or try to escape. YES! Thank you Lord for a small step forward!
  • Stupid Sears won't give me any money back on my portrait purchase. I'm never going back.
  • We've kept Chloe's candy stash out of sight and it's like she's totally forgotten about it! We'll recycle some tonight for our neighborhood trick-or-treat time. My mom already has dibs on any chocolate we have left over. :) She, grandma, and my sister are coming for Thanksgiving so I'm supposed to save the "good candy" until then.
  • Had a midwife appointment yesterday and I'm still measuring 3 weeks ahead/big. The crazy news is I gained 7 pounds in the last two weeks!?! How can that be right? I've not eaten too much differently these past weeks though I know I've had a few uncharacteristic fast-food meals. She suggested lower carbs, higher proteins, and lower sugar. My glucose level is low so I'm not at risk for GD. Just carrying a big ole baby boy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations, Chloe! You're on your way to becoming a real-life big girl! By the way, if you think #1 was frightening, just wait until #2 escapes into the pot! :) Hopefully it's all downhill from here...in a good way.

How often do you see your midwife? How did you find her?

Katie said...

Sorry about poopy sears. I have gone to Penny's 3 times with Luke & once to sears, and don't plan on going to Sear again, unless it was free or something.

Don't worry about the weight gain if you're eating normally. I'm definitely gaining weight now, but didn't early on - but not to my credit at all! I thought I was eating a ton. So, who knows what our bodies do - but they generally do what the baby needs. Maybe your due dates earlier than they thought? Do they think that?