The very good news is that gramma is flying home this weekend! She's stable enough to fly and from all reports has recovered quite well. She's talking and joking, eating solids, off all medical equipment, and her scans are clear. YAY! Praise the Lord for caring for her and sticking right by her side during such a lonely and scary situation.
Upon her return, gramma will go directly to the hospital for assessment and then we'll learn a lot more.
Chloe and I are flying "home" to Milwaukee early tomorrow morning to try to help out and to smother my gramma and mom with hugs and love. I can't wait to give my gramma a big kiss!
We'll be staying in Milwaukee for about 10 days and I'll have computer access so I'll try to keep things posted so I don't lose my faithful readership. :) Please pray that we have safe travel tomorrow, that Chloe transitions well to the new surroundings and is flexible, and that Matt will get lots of studying done while we're away (and also that he doesn't break any of my dishes trying to cook for himself).
9 comments:
I will continue to pray but I am thrilled that you will be able to see your gramma for yourself. You obviously adore her and the closeness of your relationship with her is apparent throughout your blog posts of her.
How wonderful that your gramma is in good spirits and is doing so much better. Have a safe trip and a sweet time with your precious loved ones.
Thanks for the update, Al. Praise the Lord that she is coming home and doing better!
What a blessing to be able to come spend some time with your Grandma. I hope you enjoy your trip! Wisconsin is beautiful right now! :)
Yeah that she's doing well enough to come home and yeah that you got plane tickets! I left your email in my inbox since I hadn't replied to it yet so I thought of you and her often. Praising God with you for answering prayers!
Praise the Lord! Sorry I didn't get to commenting on the prayer request post, but I have been sending up some prayers for your gramma and I'm so happy to hear she is coming home. And that you'll get to spend some time with her and your mom!
I also have to say that your gramma must be one amazing lady to take a vacation to China!! Neither of my grandmas would ever be able to do that at this point in their lives. Wow! I hope and pray that I'll be a "young at heart" older lady someday. :)
I am so happy to hear that she is able to come home! While I was reading your post, I couldn't help but think how good the Lord is to us. He hears our prayers and He knows the outcome of everything!!!
Have a safe flight and enjoy every minute with your loved ones!!
Praise the Lord she is able to come home. We'll keep praying that she'll continue to improve with no ill side-effects. I'm glad you'll be able to go visit here. Chloe will certainly lift her spirits.
praise the Lord. i am so glad to hear that.
Hope you're having a grand visit! (we miss hearing from you!)
Post a Comment