Tomorrow is a big day for several reasons.
1) Tomorrow morning my mom and grandma fly in for our Christmas visit. Yay!
2) Tomorrow afternoon at my 37 week appointment my midwife will attempt to strip my membranes to get labor started early. Let's hope it works!
I've also been taking my evening primrose oil capsules (3-4 a day - thanks to tip from Rachel I got a bottle online for under $5!) and drinking my red raspberry leaf tea. I've done a tiny bit of research online about this stripping the membranes thing and I'm getting a bit nervous now. Sounds like it could be painful. Have any of you had this done at the end of your pregnancy?
11 comments:
I did have my membranes stripped with kid #4! I was at 38 weeks and could hardly walk she was so low and I was already dilated to 3-4. I was nervous, too, but this nurse practitioner was fabulous and I barely felt a thing! It definitely sounds worse than it is. So that was around 9:30 in the morn and I had Abby just after midnight! We'll pray for you to go quickly, too!
O my goodness o my goodness! What great timing for your family to arrive! No experience with membrane stripping, but I'll be praying for you tomorrow. Can't wait to see pics of the little bubs!
I had mine stripped with Sara and I don't remember feeling any pain. It did nothing to start the progression of labor and she was still a week late-and induced with pitocin, but I was induced with Silas as well. .. I don't think my body knows how to go into labor without that nasty drug!! Good luck--hope it works:)
I'll be praying for you tomorrow, Alicia - what a wonderful Christmas present!
I had my membrane's stripped, but it did not thing to help induce labor. I was still over a week late! I don't remember it hurting either.
i'll be praying for you alicia. my cousin nicole (schindler) bjokne had her membranes stripped on tuesday and had her baby by wednesday morning at 7:00.
I was watching one of those "baby stories" and the doctor stripped the mother's membranes. She didn't even flinch and was in fact, laughing and talking with him during the very quick procedure. I remember that she was 3 cm dilated at the time and had her baby the next morning at 3:30! I have no idea if that helped but she didn't seem to be in any pain whatsoever:). What can I say, I'm a sucker for any kind of baby show.
I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. I am so excited for you and your family!
I'll be praying for you, Alicia!
I had my membranes stripped with both pregnancies, and it didn't do anything to start labor. My experience both times was very uncomfortable and I guess painful too but only until it was over so it was worth it to me to do it again for the second pregnancy. It was worth a try, and both times I had cramping and a little bit of bleeding but it didn't start labor. Hey, anything to get things going is worth a try.
Wow, according to what everyone else has said, your little man could be here VERY soon! How awesome for your family to be able to be there for the birth and to help out after, AND for Christmas! I think "big day" is kind of an understatement! =) I'll be praying for you!
Wow, today is definitely a BIG day!! I'll be praying that stripping your membranes is painless and that it will get labor going for you. :) How exciting that your mom and grandma will be here when you have the baby (hopefully) as well as for Christmas!
BTW, we are in Zanesville OH, which I think is around 2-3 hours from where you are. I thought of you as we were driving through Akron around 3 or 4 am last Friday. :)
You're in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment