
Nope, we did not birth the extremely tiny-headed baby pictured at left. That's Chloe's baby Pinocchio that she's singing a lullaby to in our bassinet. Boy was Chloe pumped to see all the baby equipment come out! She promptly put all her animals and baby dolls into the various places and went to work at playing mommy. :) I taught her how to cradle a baby too so now when she walks around with an animal she holds him gently in the crook of her arm. Let's hope she's as sweet and motherly with our real baby!
Things are slowly coming into place to welcome baby #2. The crib, swing, bassinet, dresser, and changing table are all moved and ready. Now that we've moved so much baby furniture from Chloe's room, it's looking mighty bare! I'm hoping to make Chloe's room more of a play room for her but we don't have many big toys to take up the space.

UNTIL Sunday that is. Driving home from church we passed a pile of big plastic toys on the curb waiting for trash pickup. Now, I'm not usually a dumpster diver but I try to keep my eyes peeled for re-usable things if they sit curbside. One man's trash is another man's treasure as the saying goes! We snagged this awesome desk for Chloe (it was quite funny to watch Matt squish it into our pint-sized Jetta). Matt cleaned it all up and it looks as good as new. God is so good!

God also provided some free stuff for baby #2 last night. A good pal of mine is done having kiddos and she had FIVE bins of baby boy clothes for me to go through! Not all of it will work with the seasons and such but we came away with lots of stuff that will take us through to at least 18 mos. Looking through all the baby sleepers and cozy velour outfits last night is making me excited to have a new baby to cuddle. A huge THANK YOU to the Macks for being so generous to us!
Though I certainly didn't need a new maternity top, God provided one for me for FREE while shopping with a friend. She was purchasing a dress and I noticed a coupon for $10 off in the circular lying on the counter. I snatched it up and got a free shirt out of the deal! It's super cute and trendy. I'd post a photo but I'm afraid it might scare you to gaze upon the hugeness of my 36 week belly. :)
It's encouraging for me to reflect on all that God's done in getting us ready for baby #2's arrival. Now that I'm nearing the end of the pregnancy, my energy level dips lower and lower each day so I don't feel like I'm getting much done. I call it "reverse nesting".
I've done absolutely NO pregnancy/baby reading this time around. Any good books you recommend I skim before the time comes? Also, any last-minute preparation tips for a tired preggo?
6 comments:
WOW! I love reading testimonials of God's goodness and provision! That is one great little desk for Chloe. Does she love it?
We all know what a big preggo belly looks like! Post a pic!
Hope you can get some extra rest this weekend.
I too would love to see a picture! No matter how big you feel, it's going to look adorable to us because that's the way pregnant bellies look (when it's not your own).
Kayla too was so excited when we got out the baby equipment and tried the stuff out with her dolls. In fact, she still uses the baby stuff for her dolls when Krista isn't using it.
And what a great desk for Chloe! What a great find.
I'm getting so excited for you!
I love that chair and I know my kids would too - I've never seen one like that before.
You know we all would love to see a picture so don't fool yourself!
Baby 2 advice accept the help given enjoy the time with baby one and smile (#2 was so much less stressful b/c we had done it before and knew so much more)
I highly recommend "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." Esp. if you don't care for the rigidity of "Baby Wise", but are anti- attachment parenting, check it out.
I'm sure Chloe will love on and be sweet to your little man. I've been very pleasantly surprised with how caring and sweet Luke has been with Simon. And his behavior has actually greatly improved since our help went home. He was tired of doing everything with everyone but Mom and Dad. ;)
Wow! I love the little desk for Chloe. She's such an artist already so I would imagine that she'll end up loving it.
What a praise to receive an abundance of boy clothes. People were always giving us things for Michael. It helps out quite a bit - especially when they need play clothes to bum around in. Needless to say, Michael doesn't wear his nice stuff around the house. He's too messy:).
Praying for you:).
I'm getting so excited to hear your news! Before each one I always skimmed over a couple different birth books to prep for labor and then a breastfeeding book to prepare for that as well. I would always skim through a couple (from the library, of course) just to get perspectives on issues. We'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment