I'm hacking and sniffling and I don't feel like blogging but I feel obliged to update you all on the pregnancy. I acquired a head cold a few days ago and it really hit me hard last night. It's the hurts-to-cough-sniffling-chills type of cold (isn't that a nyquil commercial?). Yucky! Boy am I thankful to have a college prof. for a hubby that has long winter breaks. He watched Chloe so I could take a few catnaps today. And tonight I'm very excited about taking some codein to be knocked into dreamworld. Any one else suffering from winter colds?
Finally had my membranes stripped today - YAY! I'm dilated to 2.75 cm, 25-50% effaced, and the baby's head is engaged and down. Let's hope things start happening soon!
I was enraptured to hear that I was dilated last week at my appointment. But now I'm seeing that ladies can be dilated for awhile before labor starts. How long were you dilated before labor began?
8 comments:
I started dilating at least 6-8 weeks out! I went into labor 2 weeks early, so I'm not sure how long I had been dilating prior to them checking me. I didn't do the membrane stripping, so I'm not sure how long you'll go - from what I hear, it could be soon, or it could be far (hopeful, huh?! ha!) How did that go by the way? Praying your little guy comes soon! Can you email me your mailing address? I have some goodies to send you :-) email me at abbylittlebit at gmail dot com.
My experience is opposite--at my appointment on Friday, I was not dilated at all, and not effaced. By Saturday night, I was officially in labor, and Livvie was born on Sunday.
Figured you could use some cheering. Hang in there!
I have been checking your blog to see how you were doing. So sorry to read that you are sick. It isn't easy being sick when you are prego, is it?? Hopefully you will get a good nights rest and feel a bit better tomorrow.
With both of mine I was dilated at 36 weeks but ended up being induced because of other reasons. It will happen soon...I am sure!!!
Hang in there, hopefully things will look better after a good night rest!
With my last baby I had them check me at my 37 wk appt- I was dilated between 1-2. At 38 wk they checked again and I was dilated 2-3 and I was walking like I had ridden a horse for days, her head was waaaay down. So that's when they decided to strip my membranes at the office. I had her late that evening. And they STILL ended up breaking my water- which was painless, by the way. She pretty much fell out after that. :)
I'm sorry to hear about your cold. Krista is a little congested which makes me so sad, but I myself am feeling fine. Kayla has a clear runny nose and has been extra whiny and tired so who knows what that means... I'm so glad Matt is able to help you out.
With Kayla, I was 1 cm at 37 weeks, 3 cm at 38 weeks, and never progressed on my own from there. I was induced on my due date because of a medical reason.
With Krista, my cervix was so high and posterior until a couple hours after I was induced (this time for convenience - deputation schedule) that they couldn't really do a good internal exam until two days before my due date where they were determined to see how things were -- that was an uncomfortable exam but I really wanted to know if I had started dilating before I decided to have an elective induction. I was 2 cm then and when I was induced 2 days later, I was still 2 cm.
Since you are doing a VBAC, are you allowed to be induced? I was just going to say that my doctor told me that his experience with inductions for second or following deliveries when the mom is at least 2 cm is so positive. I'm not sure if it's that your body has done it before and knows what to do or if that's just an inaccurate conclusion I came to from his comment. I'm very glad to hear you are 2.75 cm!
Hang in there, Alicia! I hope you had a good night's rest (& if you're like me on codeine, you probably did!) & maybe today will be the day! Or maybe you could have the first baby of the New Year in your area? That distinction can come with a lot of prizes, right? ;-)
i hate to tell you b/c i don't want you to send hate vibes my way (in jest, of course) but i had an appt. on a tuesday morning... doc said i was only 1cm so it could be a couple weeks. that night connor was born. :) don't hate me! but just think, if you gear up for the long haul and get a nice early surprise it will be that much more fun!
Post a Comment