12.17.2007

You guys are NOT going to believe this!!!!

Here's a good reason to enter freebie blog contests - you just might win!

I subscribe to goodyblog. It's a fun blog created by the editors of parents magazine with posts on a wide variety of topics. Anything from parenting headlines and trends to unique products and craft ideas can be found on goodyblog.

For the month of December, goodyblog held several free giveaway contests. And due to my love for all-things-free you better believe I took the time to sign up for each one. :) It was easy, just read the giveaway post and then post a comment to enter.

And guess what?!?! I won the gigantic holiday gift guide prize! I did, seriously!!! I just about cried when I received the email today confirming my winnings. I won 32 unique gifts featured in the parents magazine holiday gift guide in their December issue. It's worth over $750 all together. Can you believe this?!?! Here's a link to the blog so you can all see the neato things I won. You'll have to scroll down a bit (it's the 8th one down with the Christmas tree photo) and then click the link to see my winnings.

I'm overwhelmed and dizzied with God's lavishness to me. All these things I won were grown-up non-Chloe type things so it's obvious that God is giving this prize specifically to me (though I hope to share several of the prizes with loved ones as gifts). Wow. I'm speechless and stunned and agog.

Anyone know who I can give the hanukkah activity menorrah to?

12 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! How fun! And yes, I know several Jewish people at the Temple where I work. :)

Kelly Glupker said...

By the way, you deserve the that scrabble necklace! :)

federalbunny said...

I have dibs on the martini mixes - Congrats

Abby said...

WOW! How fun! I never win anything, despite entering everything :-) What a great time to win this too! God is so good!

Carrie said...

Congratulations and the reason Cicely G fits in was because of "nine" :)

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

I'm so happy for you Alicia!

Rachel said...

Yay! How exciting for you! It's neat to see how God has blessed you for your faithfulness. He is so good:).

Shyla said...

lol! that's so great! i have been entering to win a 2008 honda minivan faithfully everuday for the last 5 months! we'll see if i hit the jackpot! the Lord knows we surely can't buy one! :)

i am pretty sure we take the turnpike (80/90) and then onto i-75. are you near there?

Tricia said...

That is too funny. When I saw that "Alicia" was the winner I thought of you, but then thought probably just coincidence...I'm sure there's lots of Alicia's that entered. Congratulations to you...that was the best prize on there!

S said...

congratulations! you just never know...when you might win something.

Shannon Smith said...

Congrats! That is so cool.

Mary Ann said...

Yippee, Alicia! I haven't had time to look & see what all you've won, but it looks like it must be a fabulous assortment of goodies. I have enjoyed a small little moment of blessing from a co-worker today; he gave me Josh Groban's Christmas CD. He so did not need to get me a Christmas gift, but I work with some very thoughtful gentlemen. He heard me say I would like it & the next time I went to my desk, there it was. So nice!