Am I the only one who loves the lullaby in the movie Dumbo?Tonight my pregnancy hormones surfaced blubberingly while we watched the "Baby Mine" scene in Dumbo. The music started and I felt my face explode in tears. I looked over at Matt whilst simultaneously laughing and weeping. A moment he'll likely remind me of in years to come. :)
What funny moments (funny now that is) do you have from your exuberant baby hormones?
p.s. For those of you who enjoy the pregnancy details (it's probably obvious that I'm one of those women, eh?) I lost the mucus plug tonight and am having menstrual-type cramps ever 12-15 minutes or so. Those are contractions, right?
10 comments:
That's exciting--the contraction part, not crying at dumbo, but I can't really give you a hard time about crying, since I am the girl who, hormonal or not, cries at hallmark commercials:) Keep us posted on your pregnancy progress!
Yep, those are contractions! Yippee!! I'm so excited for you. :) For me, losing the mucus plug was a sure sign of labor. Actually, I was well into my labor with Sam and about 7 cm. dilated when I lost it, and he was born about 3 hrs. or so later. With Julia, I lost it (or at least part of it) in the afternoon, contractions got going a little later, then picked up fast, and she was born by about 7 pm.
So . . . are you going to go to sleep and see if you can get one good night of rest before labor really gets going, or are you going to zoom around and be as active as possible to get things going faster? If you choose the latter, I recommend drinking lots of RRL tea while you're at it! :) I am praying that you'll be able to have a successful (and fast) VBAC!!
As for things that made/make my preggo hormones go wacky, there were many, but no specific instances I can think of right now! But really, anything that has to do with babies/birth . . . such as those "baby stories" on TV . . . anything like that turns on the tears. A few days after Sam was born, we watched "Finding Nemo" and I was crying through the part where the mommy fish gets killed and the daddy fish tenderly takes the little egg and says "It's OK, Daddy's here, Daddy's got you." (or words to that effect) . . . Jim thought I was nuts. :)
Yay for losing the mucous plug and double yay for contractions!!!! I'm praying that your little one arrives in 2007 :-) I'm so excited for you! I lost my mucous plug, and ELijah wasn't too far behind that - contractions that close are a good sign - hopefully they will get closer and closer! Are you going to try to go without drugs? I made it to 9cm without drugs, and then when they said I was going to have to do a c-section, I said dope me up! WIth the next, I'm hoping to go natural - are you that brave?!
As for emotions - I got crazy while I was pregnant - I remember one time we were at the movies, and it was the previews, and I was bawling! Then, another time I was bawling during a new car commercial! Gotta LOVE those hormones - and I also love the Baby Mine song - I've never seen the movie, but I have the song on one of my CD's. You're not the only one!
Praying for you mommy!!
Oh yay!! How exciting for you to have lost your mucus plug:). I didn't lose mine until I was appx. 7 cm or so - like Carrie.
As far as hormones go, I cry almost every time I watch the ending of Cars. When Lightning McQueen pushes The King across the finish line, I'm a basket case. Little Michael says "Mommy sometimes cries at this part." :)
A few days after I had Michael, my husband made a beautiful slide show of pictures of our little guy. He set it to the music of "It's a Wonderful World" sung by Louis Armstrong. He must have played it 15 times in a row while he was tweaking it and EVERY TIME, the waterworks started. We were both laughing because I couldn't help it. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who cries at cartoons.
I will be praying for you as you look forward to the arrival of your baby boy.
O my goodness! You're going to have a baby! I mean, DUH, but really, really soon! I remember so vividly the excitement over those early contractions. I'll be praying for you!
I cried all through "March of the Penguins." A LOT. And anything like "A Baby Story."
Can't wait to see pics of the little guy!
I lost my mucus plug an hour or so affter I started having contractions with Simon and had him 5 hours later!
I get weepy at that Dumbo song even when I'm NOT pregnant!
I only noticed losing my mucus plug with the first 2 kids, pretty much simultaneously with the breaking of the water. Kid #1 was 7 hr labor, kid #2 was 1 hour labor-fast and furious, he hasn't stopped moving since.
Congrats on your labor moving along! I'm soooo excited for you!
praying for you, Alicia!
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Very exciting! I'm so tired so this is going to be very short, but I thought I would just say yeah for progress!
i cant wait to see pictures and hear the details on your new little feller! how exciting!
are you talking about the song "Baby mine don't you cry..." from dumbo? i used to sing that to our four kids a lot... but then when we found out they had to leave i would bawl my way through the song because of the words "rest your head close to my heart, NEVER TO PART baby of mine." and now i can't sing it with out crying and missing my babies.
Post a Comment