Tonight I'll be sneaky and put little stocking stuffers into all our stockings to celebrate St. Nick's Eve. My hubby's never heard of it but I grew up always excited about waking up to goodies in my stocking on the morning of December 6th. Since I'm from Milwaukee, I'm assuming this holiday tradition has German roots.How many of you celebrate St. Nick's Eve?
9 comments:
Sorry never heard of that one but we do stocking Christmas night.
I had never heard of it until 2 seconds ago when I read your post. Interesting...
Nope, never heard of it... Sounds fun, though!
I'll have to look that one up. That could be a fun tradition to start. Sorry I've never heard of it either. Happy St. Nick's Eve to you!!!
all I know about December 6th is...it's my birthday!
:)
Heather
NEVER heard of it. Did you make it up just to get more presents?? You're such a kid :)
Congrats on the breaking of the passy!!!!! I'm so happy for you.
Only a month left til you meet your little boy!! I hope you're feeling well and not getting stuck trying to reach under cribs and beds :)
love you.
I've never heard of it. I hope that your people enjoyed their goodies this morning.
It must be a Milwaukee tradition! Monica does it and all of my family does too. Yeah it was a mad dash to the store last night while Sierra was in program practice. She must have noticed the wrapping paper from our stash. She asked if I helped St. Nick wrap her presents - oops :)! Keep the good 'ol MKE traditions alive my friend!
I have TOTALLY heard of it! I thought it was more of a Catholic thing, but I'm sure German/Catholic probably go together on a lot of things. I'm lucky enough to get presents all figured out and such before Christmas!!!
Post a Comment