Yesterday Matt completed (drumroll please) . . .
HIS LAST COMPREHENSIVE EXAM OF THE PHD PROGRAM!
Hip hip hooray!
That means he only has two more requirements before being all done with school: 1) dissertation proposal and then 2) writing the dissertation. Mind you, those two items will probably take a year to a year and a half to complete. But it's such a relief to know that there are only two steps left to this schooling process.
Matt felt great about how he did on the test. In fact, he wasn't even nervous. Just overwhelmingly excited that this was his final test ever.
We celebrated with a very uncharacteristic pizza, chips and bottle of cherry coke. It felt positively sinful and yet so yummy to eat unhealthily like that. :) And I love doing the dishes after a pizza meal. We watched the first 1/2 of the Packers vs. Redskins game with Chloe (during which she learned a vital new vocabulary term - "Lambeau Leap") and then Matt and I snuggled up to watch a movie after she went to bed.
Another bonus about finishing this last test is that we get to steal Matt away from his books this weekend. In fact, he took Chloe grocery shopping this morning so I could have some computer work time and I'm relishing the quiet. Tonight we're planning to carve up Bubba, our huge pumpkin, and then tomorrow we're off to a farmer's market together.
We're proud of you Matt! We knew you could do it!
9 comments:
Congratulations to Matt - and how fun for you! Imagine the celebration you'll have when he is done with that dissertation!
And I have to say, I am DYING of laughter that you've named your giant pumpkin. Make sure you post a pic of your carving handiwork.
I'm sad that farmer's market is coming to a close in our area - 2 more weeks, that is it!
How exciting for Matt and you! You must be so incredibly proud of his accomplishment. Hooray for a job well done! It looks like the finish line is that much closer. :)
Even though we watch a lot of football, I confess that I had to look up what a "Lambeau Leap" was. I probably could've asked my hubby but he's at work. How funny that it's considered a Packer's thing. Can we still be friends if I tell you that we are Colts fans? Although, we have the utmost respect for Brett Favre.
Good for you for enjoying your yummy meal. I have a shameless weakness for chips but my favorite kind is the Kettle Cooked (Hannafords - store brand from VT). I could seriously eat an entire bag if it weren't for willpower or my husband taking them away from me! Good thing I can't get them down here.
I'm with Jenny - you have to post photos of "Bubba" when it's completed. We are going to wait another weekend before carving our pumpkins but we are looking forward to it. Have a splendid weekend!
Congratulations on "NO MORE TESTS FOREVER!!!!" That is definitely something for the whole family to celebrate. The pizza treat sounded wonderful!
Enjoy your weekend!
Congrats!
Holy cow! How exciting!
Wow! What a huge accomplishment! I am sure you are more than excited. .. as for the sinful pizza and cherry coke, it sounds like the perfect way to celebrate to me!!:) Congratulations!
Congratulations to Matt and YAY for you! I'm dreaming of the day . . . Pizza sounds SO great. Pizza I didn't make, that is. Homemade pizza is yummy, but it's not so much a treat for me, ya know?
Despite the fact that Chris is from Detroit, I think we'll raise Luke as (at least) a mild Packer fan. He'll at least be a football fan in general. Chris took him to a Wheaton College fb game last Sat. night (students get in free!), and Luke loved it! I'm excited they found a daddy/Luke activity that gives me a few hours to myself, but is enjoyable for Chris too!
We're carving our pumpkin next weekend. Luke's excited to "put fire" in it. :)
so happy for you guys! Have a GREAT weekend! :o)
oh wow, that is awesome! i am so happy for you both... i dream of that day!
Post a Comment