The craziness started on Thursday (when Chloe wore the red outfit at left - isn't that darling?) when we attended my weekly women's Bible study and then I tutored afterwards. Friday we went to the park with my pal Melinda and her tribe of fun-loving children and then out to lunch. We soaked up the warm 70 degree sunshine and Chloe attempted to go down the slide backwards on her tummy - not such a good idea but no major injuries.
Saturday Chloe and I spent the day walking around my favorite little nearby town - Hudson. It's a very walkable and unique town and we discovered it has the most AMAZING library ever!!!! The building itself is astounding more nearly resembling a state capitol building than a library. While in Hudson we also feasted on a yummy red velvet cupcake (there's a whole shop just devoted to creating neat cupcakes on main street!), did some window shopping, saw a train (that Chloe could NOT stop talking about when we got home), and rummaged through several sale bins at Gymboree (I think this is the first time EVER that I found a 99 cent bin there).
Today was a whirlwind of activity as we hustled to get ready for church in time. How do people do this with more than one child?!? It didn't help matters that I was inspired to cook banana pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I think I need to resort to cereal for Sundays if I can't get up early enough. Any secrets for a less stressful Sunday morning?
We enjoyed a lovely Sunday morning of worship and teaching though my mind wasn't focusing very well. When we're running late I have a difficult time settling down my mind to listen.
Anywho, our day isn't over yet! Later this afternoon Chloe and I will be attending a birthday for a little girlfriend of hers from her weekly library storytime. Kylea is turning two and we'll be there to help celebrate. I'm excited for Chloe but also a little nervous as this is her first real birthday party to attend and I don't know what to expect. It's another sunny gorgeous day here so I'm sure most of the time will be spent with the kids playing outside and the parents gabbing.
That's what we've been up to lately. How have you and your family been enjoying the recent spring weather?
Chloe's cute little outfit for our Saturday morning out on the town.
Smoothie, anyone?
7 comments:
The red outfit with the jacket is adorable! Glad you're finally getting some nice weather. We are enjoying ours too. We attended a fireworks show last night and the weather was just beautiful!
Wow, you've been busy -- Chloe looks adorable as ever. I love her headbands -- I'll have to try it on Lydia.
As far as Sunday morning breakfast, I like to make up an egg casserole the night before, so then I can stick it in the oven before I shower in the morning. Picking clothes out the night before helps get the girls ready faster.
Chloe always looks so trendy! I can tell that you enjoy making her look cute - like she needs any help:). It is so great that you have been making the most of your outings. It must be a refreshing change for you vs. the last few weeks when you were inside. Doesn't it make the nice weather that much more of a blessing?
As far as Sunday morning routines - Everything is ironed for all of us the night before. I lay out all of the items for breakfast - dishes, utensils, bowls etc. The coffee maker is on auto. My purse, bag, Bible and Michael's diaper bag is by the door. I also get up 30 minutes before everyone else does. There is still that last minute "Ahh" but it does help to have things done the night before. I know that if do not do these things, I will be a wreck in the morning. I do not do very well in preventable chaotic situations.
I agree that it is very difficult to concentrate when you have been uptight that morning. I usually get snippy with my husband and have to ask for his forgiveness. I don't want to be a hypocrite, walking into church with a big smile and pretending that everything is just dandy:). I am sure that the devil capitalizes on this issue as he does NOT want us to be challenged, convicted and blessed on the Lord's Day. Just my two cents - I apologize for the epistle Ha!
I feel your pain!! :o) As a mother of 4, I say "ditto" to the other sunday morning advice. I'm also one that does not like to rise any earlier than she has to, but I usually need to get up 3 hours before we have to leave on Sunday mornings - and that's WITH all the children bathed, all of the clothes ironed and laid out and all of the socks and shoes located the night before. Oh, and that's with cereal for breakfast too. But, they will grow up all too soon and be independant - then they'll be a whole new set of challenges :o)
Sounds very fun! So glad to hear you are having some pretty weather, finally! We spent our weekend outdoors as well--I need to get posting...
You are so good about dressing Chloe up so cute! Sounds like you guys are enjoying the lovely weather. We were somewhat near you this weekend. We went to Paige's wedding in Kentucky - woohoo! She looked beautiful! If we were a little bit closer we would have loved to stop by. We ended up going to MI to visit Steve's grandparents afterwards.
My boys settle for granola bars with juice in sippy cups on the road for breakfast on Sunday mornings. It works well for us and I only get up 45 minutes to an hour before we depart. I do set the boys' clothes out the night before (most the time) and Ryan gets them ready, so I just have to worry about myself. It's a nice system that has worked out really well for us and I hardly ever have that "crazy, distracted" feeling on Sunday mornings.
Post a Comment