4.08.2007

Easter Sunday celebrations

Yup, you guessed it. I tried ragging Chloe's hair again for church. And THIS time I wisely aired a portion of the Curious George movie to keep her still while I worked slowly and carefully on her head.

The result was Shirley-Templesque! Chloe's curls mind you weren't the beautifully perfect springy spirals of little Shirley, but in my opinion she looked cuter in her slightly-wild curly hair. Add a well-placed pink bow, her homemade dress from abuela and Chloe was a vision of Easter cuteness!

I tried REALLY hard to get a cute photo of Chloe at church, but it was a wild morning. We served in the nursery for the 2nd and 3rd services plus it was our turn to bring snacks for the workers and we also packed a lunch since we knew we'd be at church for so long. As you can imagine, I was one busy whirlwind of preparation this morning.

All that to say I took lots of photos, but none truly captured Chloe's adorableness. After her brief nap this afternoon, I took more shots at home and the curls looked better a bit combed out.

Our Easter service was a celebration of Jesus! It was immensely encouraging and Christ-focused. The music was a special treat to my heart. The Gettys led/organized the music and it was stirring and chocked full of truth. If you have time, I highly recommend you to listen online.

After lots of Masters viewing (bummer about Tiger but we were very impressed with Z. Johnson) we had a family Easter dinner of all the traditional staples - ham, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, rolls, salad and peach cobbler for dessert. Everything turned out yummily!

Hope you greatly enjoyed your Easter Sunday festivities. Thine be the glory, risen conquering Son!






















I couldn't bear to put Chloe in her dress to eat breakfast so I just slapped her tights on with a sweater. I had to include this photo to show my sister that Chloe is not the chub-tart she thinks she is. :) Love you, Shauna.


















Chloe pretending she's a crawling baby.























I know this shot cuts off Chloe's face, but it shows the lovely dress that abuela Horn made. Thank you, abuela!























This was the ONLY photo I took of Chloe at church. Here we're eating our lunch. Our church has such great facilities!

















Chloe's beautiful golden curls.

















Chloe: half girl/half squirrel

















Chloe tried SO HARD to get milk to come out of her baby bottle.

















Daddy and Chloe share a laugh.

9 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Chloe's curls are adorable! You did a great job! She looked so cute in her Easter dress too.

Karis said...

I love Chloe's curls! I tried sponge rollers on Kayla's hair, but she wouldn't sleep in them (which I had guessed as much) and they weren't dry when she went to bed even though I used the hair dryer. So I took them out that night and thought I would try again in the morning. I put them in the next morning after dampening her hair, but we only had an hour before we had to leave so once again, her hair wasn't dry enough when I took them out to hold the curl. Oh well...

How do you rag roll? I have never seen anyone do it. Did Chloe sleep on it overnight? How long does it take to put the rags in her hair?

Glad to hear of your Easter celebration. How neat that you guys were willing to serve in the nursery on such a busy day -- what a blessing the nursery is to parents who can get away and worship without interruption.

S said...

beautiful dress. i love her curls too. glad they turned out. i'm with karis- i don't know how to 'rag roll' maybe that should be your next post. a 'how to' session. :)

Heather said...

She looked so CUTE!! I love the curls. I must be doing something wrong because Victoria's never come out the wonderful looking!!

I love the dress that she wore too! She is getting so big!!!

christina said...

wow! they turned out great!! and the dress is beautiful.... good work. :)

Abby said...

She is adorable! And she really does have that Shirley Temple look to her! What a cutie pie!!!!

Janelle said...

Oh my goodness she is just so ADORABLE!!!! I just love the last two pictures! You did do a great job on her hair! You will have to do a how-to post for us ignoramouses out there! Do you think it would work on any length of hair? I need a change, maybe I'll try it on myself! Thank you again for the great pictures. Her dress was adorable too!

Carrie said...

Adorable! Love the dress! Caleb is 3 and understood the story well - getting more each time we told it. Titus ate the cracker and found eggs. I just found a site on the internet (easyfunschool.com) with what was in each egg and Scripture to go with it. I saw Erin Neiner had what was in each egg on her new blog.

ruth said...

Chloe's curls are just gorgeous! You did a great job, Alicia. I hope you had a very Happy Easter!