4.23.2007

Chloe the gardener

As my favorite flower is the tulip, that's the kind of flower we have planted in our front and side flowerbeds! We have about 40 red tulips in the front and maybe 10 yellow/orange parrot tulips on the side bed. Chloe has taken to helping me water the tulips. Matt has also taken Chloe outside with him to work in the backyard several times. Each time we go out to garden, Chloe gets her hat and her "tools" (watering can, rake, hoe, and shovel).

I snapped these photos this afternoon as the tulips (and Chloe too of course) were looking vibrant and lovely.

I even did a wee video of her watering and have discovered that I am quite a pesky videographer! Chloe was intent on her gardening and I distract her constantly from her task. You'll see what I mean below . . .






















The view of Chloe and tulips from our porch.

















What a cute little gardener!
















Here's Chloe watering the dirt and weeds. :)



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

5 comments:

Karis said...

What a big helper you have! She looks really cute with the hat and denim overall shorts on -- gardening in style.

S said...

cute pictures! I love the beautiful tulips.

Unknown said...

Karis: Actually, I got those overalls for 50 cents at a thrift store. The dark denim will hide a lot of dirt as we garden and play in parks this summer!

Shannon: Thanks! The tulips make me smile. :)

Rachel said...

Chloe is very focused isn't she? That is a great attribute to have. Your tulips are magnificent! In the future, I would like to plant some. Is it true that you have to plant tulip bulbs in the fall? I will have to find these things out.

Unknown said...

Rachel: I HIGHLY recommend planting tulips. And yes, you have to plant them in the fall before the first season's frost. We had absolutely no experience or knowledge about planting perennials and these tulips have been foolproof! They all came up in big huge blooms. And the best part is because they're perennials they come up on their own every year, all I have to do is keep the bed weeded. Ah.