I found some amazingly sweet deals yesterday while shopping with Chloe. I came across this flower cake pan on the Wal-mart clearance aisle and it wasn't packaged or priced anywhere. So, a manager had to be called and he offered a price of $2 for the pan. I immediately snatched it up and declared it mine (trying not to be too enthusiastic in case he sensed that and upped the price on me). Chloe's 2nd bday party is now going to be flower-themed and I'm about to dive into the world of wilton cake decorating!Another good deal we found as at a local bread thrift store. We have a bread company located in our town and the thrift store adjoins the factory (makes for some yummy smells!). We picked up 2 loaves of 12 grain bread (without HFCS in the ingredient listing - yay!) for $1.50 total. I popped them in the freezer and we'll be set on bread for a few weeks.
Jo-ann's was our last stop and as always, we found some deals. I was looking for ribbon for a project and ended up finding LOTS of sale ribbon. Chloe decided to poop and be extra curious (and I was the dummy who let her out of the cart) so I didn't have time to thoroughly investigate all the sale ribbons. I plan to go back though and see if I can find enough ribbon to make a skirt for Chloe. I'll keep you posted on that budding sewing project!
What deals has the Lord brought across your path lately?
9 comments:
Well, today I purchased some annuals and some of them were marked 50% off. Also, at the Krogers here, they sometimes have quick sale meat markdowns and I picked up some ribs for a great price - yum! Lately, I have been tip-toeing my way into the world of ebay. I purchased quite a few articles of clothing that were on sale. On a "whim", I went looking on-line for coupons for this specific store and low and behold - I found one and received 20% off of my entire order - I knew that was a blessing from the Lord:).
BTW - pardon my ignorance but what are HFCS? I have been trying to make my bread items from scratch and freezing them but I don't always get it done:(.
Well I mentioned by great $50 wooden bunkbeds on my blog but also Sunday JC Penny had a friends and family sale so we had a 20% off coupon plus a 15% from the back of a receipt. Mike got a really nice spring kacki jacket and a blue sportcoat for $13 each (each was origianally over $80) PTL
You got a steal of a deal on that cake pan!!! That is the same exact pan I just bought on Ebay (where I was thrilled to find it for $5.50 + $4.50 shipping!). It's a retired pan, and the current flower pan (think it's called Happy Daisy) goes for about $10 and up, + shipping (at least at the places I checked online). I'm using it for Julia's birthday party this Saturday (her birthday's Sunday but it's easier to celebrate Saturday). When is Chloe's birthday?
The other great deals I got recently were at Walmart--which I mentioned on my blog as well--shirts for Julia & Jim, and a dress for Julia, for prices of $1.25-$5.50. So much fun!! :)
Hi Alicia,
I had to tell you that you inspired me to dig out the little watering can for Michael. I showed him how to water and he proceeded to dump the entire contents out all at once. No nice steady stream like Chloe's:). She is a lady-like little girl and Michael is my rough and tumble little man. I guess that is the way it's supposed to be. I thought that you would get a bit of chuckle. Have a great day.
hey, al! I love that flower cake-pan. It's one of the more re-usable of the Wilton pans. I used it for Mikaela's 3rd birthday party and for Maia's second. The first time I made it I did the tiny stars according to the directions. The second time I just smeared fluffy pastel frosting on and it looked just as cute at a fourth of the time. have fun!!
Great deal on the cake pan. I've not had any great deals other than grocery -- lots of 10 for 10 this week. Hope you are enjoying your spring weather -- Chloe looks adorable.
a brand new Sequence game for 39 cents at the thrift store... and we have been wanting one! yeah!
I haven't been out shopping much lately so I guess that's my best deal. I haven't saved money on purchases, but I guess I've saved money by not spending any.
I remember when my mom and I would tell my dad about this great clearance sale (and it had to be good because our whole family was clothed from the thrift shop almost all the time). We would say that we got $400 worth of clothes for $50. He would (half jokingly because he knew it wasn't frivolous stuff but half seriously) say, you might have saved $350, but if you hadn't of bought anything, you would've saved $400. Of course, my response was that I would've only saved $50, and we would go round and round in fun. Okay, now that you think my family is crazy...
Troy and I went to some garage sales on saturday am. I found a lady that had her mary kay stock for sale. I got the entire timewise base - cleanser/moisturizer and day and night solution plus 3 lipsticks for $20. That is about $125 worth of product. Yahoo. God is good! And what is even better two of the lipsticks are my favorite color that they have discontinued.
Post a Comment