The bonus cute-thing with this cooking experience was that Chloe was SO into it! She is usually a camera magnet and as soon as she hears the camera's turning-on-noise she runs to my side to see the display on the back. But while she cooked she was completely serious and focused.
Do your kiddos enjoy pretending to cook? Or is this just a copying mommy thing?
Chloe and her pot of soup. Look closely to see the letter magnets she swiped from the fridge to use for her alphabet soup.
Chloe and getting everything ready for panda. She asked me for a napkin for him too. He must be a messy eater. And he likes to eat out of a coffee filter. Strange bear.
The place setting complete with cup, fork, napkin and spoon.
7 comments:
those pictures are adorable. it's amazing how they pick up on our habits. just recently stephen saw esther walking around with the phone on her ear and pretending to clean the house. AHHH- so scary.
on a another note- where did you find the chalkboard menu idea on the blog? i was looking at one aspect but missed that and it can get real overwhelming quick with all that info that's on there. she has some cool craft and stencil ideas too. could you forward me the link? thanks so much!
MMM Alphabet soup. My boy was not making soup tonight but was banging on the bottom of the pans like drums and getting into cabinets he's not suppose too. Caleb likes to help me half the time but he is always up for licking the bowl.
Those pictures are just precious! I can remember WAY back when I used to put all my stuffed animals in a circle and we would have a tea party. I fed mine Cheerios though. Alphebet Soup might be more nutritous though!
I love Chloe's sweater too. Very cute!
Oh, and one more thing, I did check out Facebook and want to say "thank you very much". I fear that it could become as addicting as blogging! There are a LOT of NBBC friends on there! Just wanted to side note that info!
She is PRECIOUS!! I know I say that all the time, but she IS! She wants to be just like Mommy--that is exactly what that is all about. Don't you just love seeing their creativity shine through? What an imagination!
Hi Alicia,
Michael has never demonstrated creativity by cooking but he helps me rake, dust, vacuum - he has his own little one and vacuums only when I do, shovel snow (in VT, of course), feeds snacks to his bear and his newest thing is wiping the nose of his bear (Michael has a cold).
I love the intensity of Chloe's face as she prepares her soup and sets the table:). It is somewhat convicting to see your little ones mimick what we as parents do. They are ALWAYS watching us.
Being as creative as you are has helped to stimulate Chloe's imagination. She may be the next Rachael Ray:)! Have fun with your little chef, I see an Easy Bake oven in her future.
So cute! Kayla loves to play with the play kitchens in nurseries and she really imitates cooking there with everything being within her reach -- the sink, the microwave, the refrig, the cupboards, and the food stuff. We don't have one at home, but a bowl and a wooden spoon or measuring cup can be just as much fun at her age anyway.
My daughter loves to actually help me cook. She pulls a stool up and most of the time I'm huffing b/c I know it will take me longer with her help. But she just LOVES to stir or add in some ingredient.
Post a Comment