4.07.2007

Chloe's wins her first major award

[A photo at left of the champion with her loot.] Yesterday we received a phone call declaring that Chloe had won a prize in our local drug store's easter coloring contest. By exhibiting superior coloring for a 19 month old (soon to be 20 month old), Chloe reined in this immense chocolatey bunny award thereby crushing her competitors in the 0-3 age group category.

Nevermind that there were only 2 other competitors in her age group (1 that was disqualified for cheating - seriously!). And nevermind that I think favoritism by the judges might have been a contributing factor to Chloe's win. Chloe is the coloring queen!

Little does Chloe know, her parents plan on making the bunny disappear tonight so that other children may benefit from the bunny's chocolatey goodness. :) Call us meanie-heads, but we're not about to embark on the mess and sugar high that this innocent bunny represents.






















Chloe tried her hardest to release the chocolate bunny from its plastic cage while pleading, "Open, open?"

















A close-up of the prize winning picture. Notice how well she colored that bottom left chick's feet! I know, I'm a dorky proud mama. :)

















This was the best shot we could get of Chloe, her picture and the bunny.






















The monster bunny says, "You will not eat me! I will eat you! Bwua-ha-ha!"

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Great job, Chloe! I have fond memories of the yearly chocolate easter bunny. Mom & Dad hid it up on the fridge and cut rations off for us to eat slowly. It lasted forever with that strategy! (I am not sure we were QUITE as young as Chloe when we started this, though)

Shannon Smith said...

Wow, that bunny is almost as big as Chloe is!! Great job on the coloring!! :)

Katie said...

That last pic of just the bunny IS sort of freaky.

Awe, congrats to Chloe on the first of many achievments, I'm sure. :) I should enter Luke in a contest - he's really getting good. Not that I like to brag. :)

Unknown said...

you must be so proud! she is quite a good colorer! and i love the singing from the other post. i hope cole is as fun when he is that age.

Karis said...

Chloe, you did a great job coloring -- definitely worthy of a first place award.