
My mind is a flurry today. In the midst of a whirlwind of events going on in our family (updates to come), I'm thankful that I have a healthy happy little girl and a hard-working loving committed hubby.
Count your blessings with me today!
p.s. Many thanks for all the positive comments on my recent apron project! You're instilling me with the confidence I need to dive into a new project!
7 comments:
I agree Alicia, we are blessed. I was never too sure I would get pregnant - and here I am, halfway through my pregnancy! I never thought our house would sell and we would be able to move to Kentucky, but again, here I am living in Kentucky. There have been a lot of big, and little, blessings that God has sent our way. Right now I have NO IDEA how we are going to swing it financially when I quit working, but I need to remind myself that God has always taken care of us and will continue to do so. It's so easy to say "God will provide" yet living like you depend on Him to provide is a totally different story. Anyhow, sorry for this long comment but thank you for reminding me to count my blessings today.
Kelly: You are SO VERY RIGHT! We would often say the phrase, "God will provide" or even "God is good" while we were both working full time jobs and we had no concept of what it means to truly believe and live those truths! Now that we literally aren't making enough to meet our bills and we can honestly say God DOES provide! And He's so faithful to provide and so creative in His provisions for us! We are incredibly thankful that we're experiencing His provision and goodness and learning what it means to truly trust Him. I pray you experience the same type of faith lessons we have during our student phase! :)
I too can testify to the Lord's provisioin time after time. It's always a good reminder to look back at the work God's done in our lives.
Our pastor said the very same thing on Sunday night. He said, "we can have all the faith in the world for someone else, but when it comes to ourselves, that's another story." Thank you for the reminder that no matter what, we are SOOOOOOOOOOOO blessed!
Alicia, I am reminded of the Gaither oldie, "We are so Blessed."
We are so blessed by the gifts from Your hand. I just can't understand why You've loved us so much. We are so blessed; we just can't find a way, or the words that can say, 'Thank you, Lord, for your touch.'
When we're empty, You fill us 'til we overflow, when we're hungry,
You feed us and cause us to know;
We are so blessed; take what we have to bring. Take it all, everything, Lord, we love You so much.
We are so blessed by the things You have done, the victories we've won, and what You've brought us through. We are so blessed, take what we have to bring, take it all, everything, Lord, we bring it to You.
Thanks for the reminder Alicia! God has an awesome track record, doesn't He? When my faith is weak, I remember the Bible stories that prove God's faithfulness over and over again. He is the same God today as He was back when the Bible was written.
Are you playing with your couch cushions? Michael and I have fun doing that, also. I remember my mom allowing us to build forts/ houses out of her couch pillows, cushions and blankets. It's the simple things that I remember being meaningful. Very cute photo of Chloe - she is such a happy, well-adjusted little girl. The pictures and videos speak volumes of your commitment raising her "right". Have fun and enjoy each moment, even the not so great ones:).
so many blessings...I'm praying for you during this hard time for Beth and the family. I think of you often!
Post a Comment