I really enjoy posting videos on the blog but lately I've been hesitant. The public-ness of Youtube is bothersome to me. It just doesn't feel safe to upload videos of Chloe to the Youtube etherworld and to not have any control over who does or doesn't view them. Am I paranoid here?
What site do you prefer for uploading videos? Why or why not?
9 comments:
I like using Dropshots. I've only uploaded a few videos but it is very easy to use and seems to work really well.
alicia - yah i don't upload videos - we aren't cool enough yet to have kids :)
troy is actually 34 - he will be flattered with the 31. enjoy your wednesday! talk to you soon friend!
love ya!
Alicia,
I have the same concern as you do. If I had children I would be a bit concerned about posting videos of them. However, it makes me also wonder if it safe/wise to post pictures. What's the difference, ya' know? Maybe we should all get private blogs like Janelle.
I like dropshots, but I've only used it once. I tend not to be paranoid, but that is probably due to my life experience. I'm sure my lack of paranoia has the potential to backfire. DropShots does allow you to check a little box to omit your name from the public listing, which I did. not sure if that makes it any safer, but it sure feels that way. I don't know that I would use YouTube. BTW thanks for the comment. I've replied, if you're interested! :-)
Hey, check out DropShots help section for more answers to your questions
http://www.dropshots.com/help.php
I just posted my first video, and I used dropshots. A while ago I tried you tube and couldn't figure it out on our mac. Dropshots doesn't seem as public( I think you might need the user name to view), but to tell you the truth I've never even thought about that! I'm also way too trusting sometimes. And really what's going to stop them from just looking at my blog - it's just as public.
go for dropshots. it's private. pswd protected etc. i am not into youtube
thanx 4 the sock monkey - :)
Hi Alicia,
If you're really concerned about who can watch your videos and look at your pictures you should switch to Vox. You can specify exactly who can see each thing on your blog. What one of your previous bloggers said is true. If it's on your blog it's public anyway, so what difference does it really make if it's on YouTube or Blogger? The problem with using a private blog is just that, it's private. That makes it harder for your old Northland roomies =) to just happen upon it. The only thing I don't like about Vox is that there is no place to list links to other people's sites, a feature which I really like. That's the main way I've discovered people's blogs through link lists. If you go to my blog you'll see links to several Vox blogs. Micaiah wanted to have a blog, and since he's only 5 I figured Vox was the way to go. People have to have a Vox account to ask for an invitation to be added to his "friends and neighbors." The other really, really nice thing about Vox is that you can upload pictures and videos straight from your computer. You don't have to use a secondary source like Flickr, Photobucket, etc. Hope this helps! I don't comment often, but I love looking at the pictures on your blog.
Alia
dropshots definitely :)
Post a Comment