Every time we visit the Ben Horn family, Grace and Chloe become more aware of each other. Grace is 6 mos. older than Chloe and much more verbal so she is all ready quite aware of Chloe. This time though, Chloe seemed much more interested in playing with Grace. Chloe would grab Grace's hands to play "Ring around the rosy" and chase Grace down the slide. It was so adorable to watch Chloe's face light up as she and Grace played all by themselves. My Chloe is growing up fast!

The adorable twosome - Ahna and Paige. This was taken before our rousing games of mafia.

We put on a show for the rest of the family, singing and dancing to the music of "I'll Never Grow Up" from the musical Peter Pan. The girls and I had a grand time making up the choreography and my dear husband Matt was such a good sport to participate!

After a walk with Ben, Diane and Chloe, Grace refused to take off her winter hat. What a cute little character!

Chloe envied Grace's new coloring table. Boy, am I glad crayola invented washable markers!

The happy clan (minus Ben & Diane).
5 comments:
Hi Alicia! Just thought I would answer your question re: vintage apron here, so you would see it sooner . . . anyway, I'm really not sure which post it was--I don't remember specifically mentioning vintage aprons, but you may be thinking of one of the posts where I linked to the Pleasant View Schoolhouse blog? That lady, Anna, has made a few really cool vintage aprons. If you go to her blog (http://pleasantviewschoolhouse.blogspot.com) and click on the "sewing" category, you can see her various projects. Also, I've recently been into making some vintage aprons from McCall's pattern #3979. I made one for my sister-in-law for Christmas and plan to make one of the other styles for myself, and a couple more for gifts.
So . . . I don't know if that helped you or not, but I hope so! Happy apron-making! I'll be sure to post pics of the ones I'm working on when I get them done. :)
alicia -
seems like you guys had a wonderful christmas - glad you were able to see family and friends - now back to reality huh :)
looking forward to seeing more about the horn family daily life and chloe's antics...
love you friend!
Oh, and I forgot to say--I loved seeing all your pictures! Looks like you had a great time in your travels! We passed right by your area on our trip (my in-laws are in the Zanesville area), so I was thinking of you!
To answer your question about Paco:
Your dad has a much better story behind his nickname. Ours is simply that the oldest grandchild Moriah (Brandon and Lauren VanWyk's oldest) came up with Paco (Dan's dad) and Miki (Dan's mom) when she was learning to talk. I think that her parents were calling them Grammy and Papa, and apparently that was her equivalent as that's who she knew them as. Over time, she changed to calling Dan's mom Grammy, but Paco stuck. The following grandchildren have learned that Dad is Paco. :-)
Hey Alicia, looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. Chloe's outfit was so cute with the blazer. I had so much fun with my neices and nephews even though it was chaos.
-april
Post a Comment