Well, the teams I picked to win the playoffs did not. Good thing I'm not a sports commentator! I changed my mind about the Colts midway through their game last night. Not that I'm now a die-hard Colts fan, mind you, but I think they made an outstanding comeback in the 3rd quarter. Down by 15 points going into halftime it appeared as though the superbowl-champ Patriots had the game in the bag. The Colts roar out after halftime and score touchdown after touchdown in the 3rd and 4th quarter. What a game!
So, my pick to win the superbowl is now the Indianapolis Colts. Another thing I like about the Colts? They're playing the Bears! (Has anyone out there heard the GB Packer saying, "I root for Green Bay and whoever's playing the Bears"? ) Stomp those Bears, Peyton!
Did any of you see the Saints/Bears playoff game? Rex Grossman has his stellar defense to thank for that win. Did you see that showboat, Reggie Bush? I admit, he's speedy and that move he made to dodge a tackler and run for a touchdown was very tricksy (tricksy little hobbit). But, what a showboat! To point and mock your defenders, sommersault into the end zone, and then dance around in their faces?!? That was ugly.
What playoff moments did you enjoy or depise?
p.s. chloe chronicles is under construction as I play around with new looks/colors. It's a work in progress!
13 comments:
I'm pumped for the Superbowl. Two teams that haven't been there for a while for one, and I can't stand cocky teams..like the Patriots. I saw the game last night, and they were worse than ever. It's so dumb because they were winning by 19 points and still managed to lose the game..lots to be proud about, eh?
Wow, well ever since the Broncos were outed (by their own stupidity) from the playoffs, I can't say that I've been paying that much attention to the situation...we only watch Bronco football at our house.
But I had to say: Your daughter is adorable, you didn't burst my pudding bubble at all - flour and water is certainly cheaper and you got a great result, even if it was more short lived than you thought! and, isn't it fun to play around with your blog?
Alicia,
I'm curious, are you a beta blogger? If you are, did you have to re-enter all of your links when you changed your template? I wouldn't mind changing the look of my blog, but I don't want to have to re-enter my map-cluster and links.
Yay!! Go Colts :o) Sorry for you, Alicia, that none of your picks are in the superbowl, but excited for the Colts who have never been there in I think it's 20 plus years that they've been in Indy. Of course, I have to admit, after how much I had to hear about the Packers from you, my roomie :o), I was smiling a bit about you last night when Colts pulled it off :o)
Hope you have a good Monday anyway!
p.s. - thanks for the picture - I used it on my blogs :o)
Yeah! Go Colts! Like Jenny said, since the Bronocs were outed, I could care less about the Superbowl. But, since I love football, I was hoping to the Saints vs. the Colts. At least I got half right. :)
I've seen interviews about the Manning family & their mom is so precious! I guess that endeared me to Peyton, and we just crack up at his stupid commercials. I think he's wise doing them to make a few extra bucks since football isn't forever. (Not that he probably couldn't live off what he makes now. :)
Shannon: I think Tom Brady is a very good quarterback, but you're right there's something great about seeing the underdog team comeback and win!
Jenny: I take it you're not a Lions fan then? :) Oh my, I'm not getting any work done around here because I love playing around with my blog's looks! Watch for more changes in the very near future! Beta blogger is wonderfully easy to use.
Kelly: Yup, I'm a beta blogger. I think beta moves your links and such but I don't know about specialty things like map clusters or tickers. I'm pretty sure you have to re-enter those things in the beta system. The regular links transferred easily though and they are SO EASY to organize using beta.
Sarah: I know, I know, I thought about all you blog readers rubbing it in to me this morning too. :) You'll be happy to know that I'll be rooting for Indianapolis come February 4th. :)
Pamela: Wasn't it cute when they showed the Mannings in their booth all cheering for Peyton?!? We find his commercials dumb too but we always crack up at the credit card commercial where he's at the coffee shop and the barrista burns himself on the steam. That barrista sounds like a little girl squealing and we eagerly wait for that part of the commercial. Do you know which one I mean?
Al, I know that commercial! I die laughing!
I haven't watched since the Eagles were outed, but I have to say that one of my favorite playoff moments was the Eagles/Saints game when Reggie Bush got nailed in the first quarter. Unfortunately, we lost the game and were out of the playoffs, but that was a nice moment. I just don't like the Saints! Nasty attitudes.
Don't take me for a die-hard Eagles fan. I like the Broncos, being a western girl myself, but... well you saw the pictures of John's family. I have to keep my other allegiences in the closet.
Your perspective of teams is definitely dependent on who you root for. Dan grew up in New England and is a huge Patriots fan and I am too now. We chuckled about the comment where the Patriots were called cocky because we think they're classy and that they play together well as a team without a bunch of big names (of course Tom Brady is a big name but he didn't make the Pro Bowl) and we talk about other teams that we think are cocky and I'm sure their fans would say "no way". :-) Of course, we were sad that the Pats didn't win, but we weren't going to be able to watch the Super Bowl anyway because of the circumstances of our deputation meeting so it's all good.
Yes, we were good sports and watched the trophy presentation to the Colts, and the part I liked was when the owner or CEO gave glory to God in front of that huge crowd and so did the coach. I had heard Tony Dungy talk about being a Christian before, but I didn't know about the owner/CEO or whoever the other guy was.
Karis
Yeah not a fan of the Bears being in the super bowl. Living near IL there are plenty of Bears fans that rub in that they are vs. us Packer fans. But if the Bears go and look like fools that will be good too :). Yeah I guess the rivalry runs deep :)
i am pumped all the way around!! That was an AMAZING game last night - thrilling, even!
Now, i just have to decide - 'DA BEARS, or 'da colts!
Go Colts! Not that I'm much of a football fan overall, but I'm going to go find a Colts shirt and you know there's going to be a Superbowl Party or two! The Colts have their training camp here in my town so we love 'em!
Sorry it's been so long since I've commented.
I'm thrilled that the Bears have finally made it back to the Superbowl. I've been a Bears fan since I was a little girl, and though I don't watch a lot of sports.
Chloe's sock puppet is adorable. That's the kind of thing Kara enjoys playing with.
Post a Comment