1.28.2007

Sickies and Count it all joy

Chloe and I are sickies. She got hit with some majorly bad diarrhea (I'll spare you the graphic details) and I caught a head cold. In our family, it seems that God always makes only one parent sick at a time. That's such a blessing! Does it work that way in your families too? While I slept most of the day away yesterday, Matt took care of Chloe and put supper together for us.

So, we stayed home from church this morning and we're looking forward to hearing our pastor on the radio this evening. That's one benefit of going to a large church! Lots of multimedia opportunities to catch a service if you miss one. Our services are also video streamed online but this morning's isn't posted yet.

Last week our pastor preached a powerful message to begin a series in James. He really only got through a few verses and focused most of his message on the idea of counting it pure joy when we fall into various trials and temptations. Pure joy? Seems contradictory doesn't it? Not a natural reaction at all! Anyways, I won't expound but the message from James was a huge encouragement to us as we struggle during this financially difficult student phase of our lives.

Achoo! Hope you are staying well in this season of illness and enjoying strong teaching this Lord's Day.

4 comments:

carissa said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll pray for you girls! Brent and I have never been sick at the same time. I praise God for that. I heard your pastor on the radio last week and thought of you. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing that link with us. Love ya.

the johnson crew said...

i hope you are feeling better alicia. no fun being sick. poor chloe. i am glad matt was able to help you out. that is rough.

Matt & Nicki said...

Alicia,
I will have to pick your brain sometime about the woes of being a student's wife. Matt is seriously considering starting seminary next year and things are so uncertain right now. Anyway, I like the color scheme of the blogger, but i might make the pics a bit smaller.

Karis said...

Dan and I have never both been sick at the same time either, and it seems we usually don't pass things from one to the other either which is strange. I got the stomach flu last week so he got lots of time with Kayla for a couple of days and he came away from that experience realizing how much work being a mom is. :-) Hope you both get to feeling better! I am dreading the first time Kayla gets the stomach flu; thankfully, neither she nor Dan got it from me this time (so far anyway).