Don't know if anyone out there remembers that 80's song but it's stuck in my noggin' this mornin'.
Today is Matt's first day back at school for the spring semester. Sigh. It's been a wonderful dream having him home with us during the Christmas break. He's been an amazing help with Chloe (especially yesterday) and around the house so that I can have time to do my online work. Last night he even cooked dinner (dinner seems to taste better when I don't have to prepare it!) and gave Chloe a bath so I could get a few more tasks done. What a guy!
In honor of his first day back, I cooked Matt a big breakfast of french toast and real bacon (I also discovered how easy it is to bake rather than fry bacon this morning). I say real bacon because I normally buy turkey bacon to use in quiche or for bacon bits. Real bacon sure is delicious!
So today it's back to me and Chloe time. I miss Matt already! I know Chloe and I will have fun together though. It's a beautiful cold sunny day here so I think a walk is in order. Plus I'm hoping to try finger painting with Chloe this afternoon - wish us luck!
11 comments:
my brother and I always did finger painting with pudding - a package of pudding prepared and some big sheets of construction paper. Mom would put protective clothing on us and let us go to town! (This is back in the day when they didn't have nifty non-toxic paint) You can also use food coloring in a white pudding to achieve various colors, but we sure enjoyed finger painting when we could lick our fingers!!! You'll have to post pictures of your fun!
That's a great idea, Jenny! Though I don't know if I want to teach Chloe that finger painting always involves edible paint . . . She's too young yet to know the difference between pudding and paint.
I'll be sure to post pictures of our fiasco!
I remember that good old 80's hit!
Hey! I discovered that little "trick" with bacon a little while back, too. I cover my baking sheets w/ tin foil so most of the time I don't even have to wash them! My family loves BLT's, and it is so much nicer to be able to cook the whole pound of bacon at once than to stand there frying 4 slices at a time in a frying pan, while receiving a million little pin-head burns on your hand from the popping grease!
Can't wait to see your finger painting pictures :o)
I do remember that song. . .it will probably be stuck in my head now:) Also, I have plenty of friends here that are seminary wives and understand the sadness you are feeling to have matt back to school. I will pray for you when I think of you!
Not to rub it in, but I have Geoff for another week. I'm so thankful too! It's so hard to let them go, but there is an end in sight! Thinking that way doesn't make it seem so bad.
Can't wait to see pics of you two having fun!
Jenny: Didn't mean to burst your pudding bubble. I will definitely store that idea up for future use! Our finger paint is flour and water - not as tasty as pudding that's for sure!
Kelly: Glad I'm not the only one who remembers 80's song fragments!
Sarah: I agree, baking bacon rocks the house! I lined my broiler pan with foil and had hardly any cleaning to do when I finished. It's so long to pan-frying bacon for me! I even completely ruined a pan one time by letting the bacon burn. And I could never get into microwaving bacon.
Nicki: Thanks for your prayers! Matt's not going to be home until 7 tonight so I'm hoping the fun activities I'm planning for this afternoon make the time fly by.
Pam: Grrrr. You lucky girl! I know, I'm very excited that there is a light nearing from the end of the tunnel. This is Matt's last term of official coursework! YAY! How much longer does Geoff have? Just this semester, right?
Hope you had a wonderful day with your little girl!!! I too LOVE the taste of real bacon...we don't eat it that often during the winter...i love cooking it over the fire when we are camping!!!
i am so sorry matt had to start school already. jason has one more week... so glad.
janelle
hey Al! i just popped on to say Happy Birthday to you!!! i know it's late, but I was thinking of you all day on sunday. i was planning to catch up on my web stuff sunday afternoon, but then i got invited to a wedding and couldn't miss the chance to attend one of those crazy affairs i've heard so much about here... i think we were belly-dancing for about 3 hours! i could hardly walk the next day because i threw my hip half-way out of joint. i'm getting OLD! even older than 29!
miss you!
oh yeah - i thought of a great 30th birthday treat for you. come visit morocco! you have a year to get used to the idea. really.
Post a Comment