5.23.2006

A temporary single mom

















Well, as I sit here waiting for Chloe to get over her crying fit (she's upset because I won't let her play with the computer - I know, I'm a meanie) I'm understanding a little what it feels like to be a single mom. Matt is down in Chicago during the week training for his summer job (teaching for the Institute of Reading Development) so it's just me and the Chloe-meister here at my mom's house. Usually Chloe is a peach of a girl, but today she seems to be having a meltdown. How in the world do single moms do this and stay sane?!?

Better go tend to my overheating baby girl.

6 comments:

Bequita17 said...

Hey Al -

I have often asked the same thing & I don't even have any kids!!! I hope you have a great visit in WI and give hugs to anybody I know. Are you going to see Tabitha & Tom Harris? Give them EXTRA hugs if you see them!

Can you believe I turn 30 tomorrow??? Scary!

Ciao bella!

Heather said...

I can totally relate...I not a single mom, but when Victoria was 9 months old and I was 5 months pregnant...Kevin traveled for his job. He would leave Monday morning and get home on Friday night. This went on for about 6 weeks or so. I thought I was going to lose my mind, but we did get through it ok!! Hang in there girl and enjoy your time away!!!

Unknown said...

Bex: Happy Birthday girl! Can't believe you are 30?!?! It sure doesn't seem as old and scary as it used to! Looks like you had an awesome b-day. Did the kids at school do anything special for you?

Heather: Wow, that time apart sounds rough! I am thankful I don't have to do this for 6 weeks. Thank goodness for God's precious grace!

carissa said...

hi Al,
Hang in there girl. Brent just got back from a week of schooling in Iowa. I had the 4 chillens and almost lost my mind too. It happens :) But, oh the REUNION!!!! Love ya.

Katie said...

Alicia,

I know how you feel, but fortunately for me, full-time school for Chris is done for a year. It will still be busy though with him working full time and keeping up with his languages.

Hope you're having a fun time with your mom. We are in the THICK of packing here and Luke has some sort of virus and wants to be held all day. I love rocking and cuddling, but those boxes won't pack themselves!

Karen said...

I often wonder the same thing--gotta give credit to those worn-out single mommies! Isn't it amazing (frightening!) how young the sin nature manifests itself?!