5.09.2006

All I want for mother's day . . .

. . . is a day to sleep in! I can't remember the last time that I woke up when I wanted to. Usually I'm roused by Chloe's cry for her morning meal. So, for mother's day, I've asked Matt to give me one free sleep in morning. It's a cheap gift and I think I'll enjoy it more than a candle or chocolates (well, depends what kind of chocolate).

To treat me, Matt is also going to grill me up some yummy steaks for dinner and he's already bought me a piano book from ebay. (I've been dying for a Chopin book containing the raindrop prelude).

I'm already feeling pretty spoiled! What are your plans for mommy's day? Hope all you hard working moms out there get a much needed day of pampering!

8 comments:

federalbunny said...

Since my children won't be around to spoil me - I have to spoil myself. I am taking myself away to far away Illinois for a day of wandering, being sure to take my mp3 player and a good book. I will stop to take my mother out for dinner on my way home - Al's mom
p.s. I'll expect a little spoiling when I see you next week

Unknown said...

Ma: THANKS FOR COMMENTING ON MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're so techno-cool. :)

C'mon, we're seeing you the day after mother's day! C'mon, we'll just be one day late, that still counts for something, doesn't it? You'll get spoiled alright. Just wait 'til you see the best mommy's gift of all - CHLOE!

Love you marmee.

Katie said...

I don't know what all we'll do on Mother's Day. I'll be happy if I don't have to cook lunch. I also dropped a hint today that I need some new "hydration booties." These are one of my fav. things - if I use them regularly, my bare feet don't snag on everything. I hate that feeling!

I gotta get going on getting all my Mother's Day cards out. I think we're going to make them this year, so that's tomorrow's project. :)

Elaine said...

I am hoping to relax and eat Filipino food! Our anniversary is this weekend as well, so plans are kind of running together…

S said...

I was just thinking this morning sleeping in would be so nice. However. if I had the chance I probably couldn't after waking up early so many mornings! Stephen's gift to me was flying me to see my fam. and on Sunday- the men at church are grilling steaks and cooking and cleaning uo!

Kelli said...

Well, I am not a mom yet, but my mom will be here on Mother's Day! I am excited for that. We all pitched in and bought her a bunch of stuff from Pampered Chef. Then we are going to go to the Blind Duck Inn in Kingsford for Sunday Brunch right after church. My mom will just be thrilled to have all 4 of her kids with her on Mother's Day, especially since that hasn't happened in a while! Happy Mother's Day to you, Alicia!

Heather said...

I am not sure what we are doing for Mothers Day. I don't even know if I know what I want! :) We will see.

Regardless, have a great and relaxing Mother's Day to you all!!!

Karen said...

Nate sweetly asked me what I want for Mother's Day, "since you ARE a mom, you know!" I don't know if I'd rather celebrate it this year or next, when Livvie's actually here. Whaddaya think? (maybe I'll make a blog of it!)