5.07.2006

For new mama Shy (and the other pregos out there)

After reading Shyla's last post, my heart flooded with sympathy and understanding for her. It also brought back loads of memories of our own experience waiting for Chloe to arrive. Those last few weeks were murderous! I couldn't sleep well, because I was so huge and uncomfortable, and I had everything prepared for her arrival and nothing to do but sit around and wait. I remember doing crossword puzzles all afternoon long and propping my swollen feet up.

All the waiting will be worth it, gals! Hang in there. Here are some pictures of our long day of labor with Chloe and the first few days of her life. (I'll spare you the details - I'm sure you've heard more than your share of labor stories.) Just think Shyla, Jenny & Karen (and anyone else pregnant out there I'm forgetting), you'll have one of these pink bundles of joy very soon!






10 comments:

S said...

What a cutie! That brought memories back of Esther's birth too. It's sooo worth it, and those first few moments with your little one are life-changing and precious. Praise God for the treasure of children

Kelly Glupker said...

WOW! How beautiful these pictures are. How much did Chloe weigh? My sister is sort of expecting a larger baby. Her first boy was 9 lb 2 oz and the second one was 9 lb 4 oz. She would like to think a girl would be smaller, but we have had 10 pound girls in our family.

Unknown said...

Shannon: I know, it's very worth all the sacrifice and pain and lack of sleep to have a little baby! It's just amazing how much love God has given us for Chloe. What a treasure and joy she is to me.

Kelly: Chloe weighed 10 lbs. 1 oz. I hope our next babies aren't too much bigger!

Kelly Glupker said...

Alicia,
I bet after you realized how big she was you were thankful you didn't have to push her out! Did you know ahead of time you were having a c-section?
Honestly, in my family, an 8 pounder is considered tiny. 9 and 10 pounders just seem healthy.
-Kelly

Unknown said...

Kelly: We actually didn't know until the doc did an emergency c-section that she was so big! My doc predicted she'd be about 8 pounds but going 2 weeks overdue helped to make her a 10 pounder. :) We were induced and then had 17 hours of labor before going a c-section. I only dilated to 5 cm. and poor Chloe kept pushing and turning around to try to get out. :( And yes, I am VERY GLAD I had a c-section! The recovery was a bear but I can't imagine pushing this big girl out of me!

Kelli said...

Sweet pictures...

Kelly Glupker said...

Since you have had a c-section, does your doctor believe you should only have c-sections now for delivery?

Karen said...

o my goodness, o my goodness! Livvie, I can't wait to meet you! :) What precious pics, especially of Chloe and Daddy.

Shyla said...

thanks for the shout out! :)
i am doing much better realizing that it will all be worth it in the end and in HIS time! seems like yesterday girlie!!

Shyla said...

thanks for the shout out! :)
i am doing much better realizing that it will all be worth it in the end and in HIS time! seems like yesterday girlie!!