My mom is the world's greatest mom. She even has a pillow proclaiming that renowned fact!There are scads of things I love about my mom. I won't attempt to list them all in this post. Instead, I'll tell you the best thing about my dear marmee (I've called her that since reading Little Women in 8th grade). What I most admire in my mom is her stedfastness. She is stedfast in love and patience. Now that I'm a new mom, I can see how devastating it would be to have your daughter treat you unkindly. I often take it personally when Chloe cries or whines. Sometimes I cry right along with her! My mom isn't conditional like that with her love. I remember distinctly how I scorned her and scoffed at her when I was in my fickle teenage years. I begged her for new clothes, faked being sick so I could stay home from school, sneaked out of the house, and lied to her. Talk about trying her patience! But she went on loving, loving, loving. She went on correcting me and gently helped me take the right paths.
Thank you, mom! If it wasn't for your constant stedfast love, I wouldn't be the woman I am today. I pray that God will grace me with your same unwavering love and constant patience as I strive to mother my dear Chloe.
4 comments:
great post, alicia! i too am so thankful for the constant stedfast love from my mom! our moms all have such a part in us being who we are today and how we raise our children!
happy mothers day!!!
Thanks, dear. Happy mom's day to you too! I know, isn't it cool to see how much of our moms are actually infused in us? God sure is good to give us such loving and wise moms, eh?
That was a great post. I'm sure you can't wait to see her today was it? Well, have a great trip these next few weeks!
I'm baaaaack and have missed reading about your life with sweet Chloe!! Happy Mother's Day! That was so incredible about your mom. Stedfast!! "The stedfast love of the Lord never changes. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning...Great is thy faithfulness O Lord!" Oh, that I would love as He loves me!! I love you al!
Post a Comment