4.02.2008

Fighting the weight fight again

I'm back on the diet and exercise wagon as I seriously strive to lose my Clive-pregnancy weight. Sigh.

Since my free time is limited these days and since Clive isn't on a regular daily schedule yet (we're still working on that!) my exercising habits have been hit or miss. Now that the weather's finally warming up a little I hope to do some walking in the coming weeks. I also have some post-natal exercise dvds on my bookshelf that I've done occasionally. AND I have a membership to a nearby gym. So, I have lots of ready and available opportunities to get fit!

What I've been focusing on this week is a healthier and more controlled diet. I've joined sparkpeople again and I'm using their tracking tools to measure my daily food intake. Slowly I'm making changes to bring my daily calorie level down. I'm also drinking lots of water and coffee (an appetite suppressant). The coffee isn't a part of sparkpeople's plan but I see it as my one indulgence. :)

What do you do to maintain a healthy weight?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you!! Isn't it hard to fit workouts in your schedule!?!? I know it is for me...I couldn't imagine trying to do it with a little one too. So you drink coffee as an appetite suppressant?? I will have to remember that. Coffee with a bit of flavored creamer is my indulgence for the day. I love it!!

I have been trying to maintain a healthy diet/weight all my life. :) This past October I took it into high gear and realized that I needed to get that baby weight off...Logan is 4 you know...I count my calories and workout about 5 times a week. I love my eliptical...that thing works me hard!!! I will have to update on my blog soon on how far I have come...it is hard work but isn't it worth it to feel healthier???

Mary Ann said...

I pray! Seriously, in our society I think it is super easy to get a warped mindset when it comes to fitness & weight. Our bodies are His temple & I pray for Him to give me the proper mindset about it. I don't want to neglect it, nor do I want to obsess about it. If I focus on trying to please Him with what I eat & drink (I Corinthians 10:31) & keep my priorities right time-wise (not working out too much & being selfish with my time) then things go much better all around. The weather warming up will really help, too. Being able to be outside helps exercise to just flow into the activities of your day more easily. I've never heard of this sparkpeople thing. I'm gonna check it out!

Karen said...

Good luck, Alicia! Boy, I can certainly understand. As a young person, I definitely had an "athletic" build. Unfortunately, I'm a far cry from even that now! Warm weather will help!

Karis said...

What does my exercise consist of these days? Well... I lift 33 pounds several times a day (Kayla) as well as 14 pounds (Krista). I get up and down from the floor a lot when I'm playing. We live upstairs so I walk up the stairs quite often and almost always with one of the girls or groceries in my hand. I run around the house like crazy. I clean and that usually involves a lot of movement. Ummm... okay -- I admit it. I haven't fit real exercise into my schedule since Krista was born. It moved down on my priority schedule so I've tried to be careful about food choices...sigh.