4.12.2008

It's that time of year again . . .

. . . GOLF season!

My husband has converted me into becoming a golf-watching fan. Before marrying Matt, I thought professional golf was snooze-ville. Before birthing children (sorry, birthing is kind of a yucky word) we even attended a few pga events. INCLUDING the U.S. Open when it was held at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin. That was amazing! Seeing Tiger Woods play in person was unforgettable.

This weekend is the first major tournament of the season - The Masters. We're big Tiger fans in our household but I also like to cheer for young underdogs. What I especially like about watching the young European players is that they've got daring and hip golf fashion sense. Yes, I said fashion sense. :) They wear white pants, bright spring colored polos, big belts, and sweater vests. I love Tiger but his black and red nike stuff gets a tad boring to look at.

My all time favorite guy to root for is Sergio Garcia. He seems like such a nice guy (I can tell from his genuine smile) and he's never won a Masters tournament. Unfortunately he's not in great standing this year, earning a +4 for the first two days of golf.

Are you a golf person? If so, who are you cheering for this weekend?

4 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I can't say I care for golf, but my husband is watching it as I type this.

Mary Ann said...

Mike is still working on getting me to actually watch basketball or baseball on TV. I doubt I ever graduate to golf ;-) I love watching sports live; my attention just wanders something awful when I'm trying to watch sports on tv. But I was at least aware that the Masters was going on this weekend - that counts for something, right? ;-)

Troy & Sherry said...

we watched some of the masters - my hubbie and i are huge tiger fans as well - amazing that he can have 4 OFF days and still get second....

Jen said...

Yeah we watched the Masters off and on this weekend. Glad Tiger got in the top 5 but didn't win. He needs to spread the wealth a little bit :)