Now that my Clive is getting older and sleeping longer (Praise Jesus!) I'm finding snippets of time to do some leisure reading.My two all-time favorite authors (forgive me if I've blogged about this before) are C.S. Lewis and Charles Dickens. So when I get the rare opportunity to read I almost always choose a book by one of these incredibly rich authors.
My tired brain is not quite ready to pick up The Four Loves (a book I'm ansy to read someday soon) or The Weight of Glory so I chose a lighter Lewis read. I love the Narnia series and with the upcoming Disney blockbuster movie coming out this summer, I chose to re-read Prince Caspian.
It's such an easy read that it's going fast. I might devour the rest of the Narnia series after I finish the Prince Caspian adventure! I've forgotten what a captivating storyteller C.S. Lewis is. And the character of God in the picture of Aslan is truly beautiful. As I read I often find tears coming to my eyes as I clearly see God's forgiveness, sovereignty, and challenge to faith.
What are you reading these days?
3 comments:
before jonas was born i was reading the duties of parents by j.c. ryle and passionate housewives...right now i'm reading blogs. :) i need to finish my books soon though!
I would love to read a good novel, but right now I am reading Shepherding a Child's Heart - for the second time.
I'm reading "Teach Them Diligently" by Lou Priolo. I started it a while ago and just picked it back up again. :)
Post a Comment